Found Cheap Master Parts Books On CD

Guest shadetree77

Guest shadetree77

I've been searching high and low for an affordable way to buy a Master Parts book ever since I bought my car. Every time I came across one on EBAY the seller wanted big bucks for it. Well I finally found a place that sells original Master Parts books AND service manuals on CD for a fraction of the cost. I got my CD in the mail today and it looks great so far. My CD included the 1952 Service Manual, 1953 Service Manual, 1928-1954 Master Body Parts Manual, 1928-1954 Master Chassis Parts Manual, and the 1940-1960 Body Parts Manual. I got all of these on a CD for around $25 plus shipping. They make CDs for just about any year of car. The company that makes them does not sell them directly. They use distributors. I did ample research into all of their distributors and http://www.rockauto.com/ is the one that sells it the cheapest. All of the other distributors sell these CDs for around $50. Go to the Rockauto site, select your car, click on "Literature", then click on "Repair Manual". Find the listing for "Detroit Iron". Detroit Iron is the maker of the CDs. You can go to their site (http://www.detroitironis.com/) to see detailed info about what cars are covered and what's on each CD but remember, they don't sell directly. Buy it from Rockauto. Just wanted to share this find. Maybe now I won't have to bug everyone to find part numbers for me.:P:D

Guest shadetree77

For the most part they are good quality. There are some here and there that are a little light, but for that price you can't beat it. The content is also completely unlocked. You can copy and paste everything wherever you want and print the pages too. This is a captured image of my computer screen while viewing one of the pages to show scan quality:

post-75106-143141954964_thumb.jpg

Guest shadetree77

It does indeed Mr. Brown. I haven't actually printed a page yet but the Detroit Iron page says that you can print.

• 1 year later...
Guest 53 Roady

I bought a 1953 "Chassis and Body Parts Book" that is unorganized and incomplete. Does this CD really have it all? For instance will I be able to see part numbers for hydraulic tubes for the 53 76R? And maybe pictures of same?

Thanks Pat