1931 Dodge U124 Express Assembly

Dave, never found a manufacturer on the mirror. I did find one in Hershey in the fall that was copper and very close to the same 4 rivets on the back.

It's been a tough winter in the North East. I retired early last month and have been busy getting affairs in order. As weather warms up I plan to get much more time on the trucks.

I have made progress making door thresholds. I have two sets started but need a warm day to finish them up. Made one for me and one for another member.

Hopefully next week we will get above freezing and I can finish them up.

hey farrellg. I would be interested in the out come of your new wood pieces and the assembly process of putting the rear of the cab together. mine most of the wood is gone and didn't have the roof on it. some times I just look at the cab and think of how the right progression of dismantleing the cab in a certain or soit would be reversed putting it back together. the door thresholds sound interesting too.

I have had all the cab wood redone at a local Mennonite wood shop. I provided the original wood as patterns. I have kept the patterns. Although, they were rough. However, when you are ready, I can provide measurements. I had everything done in white oak. Most of the original seemed to be ash or white oak. The roof was a challenge but came out great. Side members are heavy pieces bent. Bends are achieved with kerf cuts. My wood worker did a great job. The wood sandwiched in the rear of the cab was plywood. Again, we made the same shape and joints as original, however, made from oak for longevity.

Edited by farrellg (see edit history)

I have had all the cab wood redone at a local Mennonite wood shop. I provided the original wood as patterns. I have kept the patterns. Although, they were rough. However, when you are ready, I can provide measurements. I had everything done in white oak. Most of the original seemed to be ash or white oak. The roof was a challenge but came out great. Side members are heavy pieces bent. Bends are achieved with kerf cuts. My wood worker did a great job. The wood sandwiched in the rear of the cab was plywood. Again, we made the same shape and joints as original, however, made from oak for longevity.

Here is my cab for my "E" series 3/4 DB Truck. This is known as the 805 cab and was used for Graham Bros trucks.

I believe your truck is a "F" series and it has the smaller side window. It looks like the back sheet medal is the same as my 805 cab.

Attach some pictures of your wood construction.

post-71470-14314300324_thumb.jpg

post-71470-143143003211_thumb.jpg

post-71470-143143003214_thumb.jpg

post-71470-143143003219_thumb.jpg

post-71470-143143003224_thumb.jpg

post-71470-143143003229_thumb.jpg

post-71470-143143003232_thumb.jpg

post-71470-143143003236_thumb.jpg

Stakeside, did you need to rework the wood sandwiched around the rear windows between the inside and outside panel? Mine was pretty rotted. This is where the original was a type of layered plywood. We reproduced in oak. I will get some pictures in the next few days.

Stakeside, did you need to rework the wood sandwiched around the rear windows between the inside and outside panel? Mine was pretty rotted. This is where the original was a type of layered plywood. We reproduced in oak. I will get some pictures in the next few days.

I had good pattern pieces to work with. The wood filler for back was a 3/4" tough and groove oak.