1965 Buick Riviera "NEW REPLACEMENT CLAM SHELL HEADLIGHT MOTORS" now available

Carbuff2

post-30953-143141931876_thumb.jpgNow available. An all new high-tech Unit to open and close your headlight CLAM SHELLS so your Riviera can be seen as it was intended to be seen.... sleek, smooth with unobstructed grille. Functioning clam shells with a touch of a button, included with your new motor. This new unit, mounts behind the lower bumper and was designed to be installed in existing mounting holes that were put there by General Motors to accommodate the License Plate Frame on the front, now your new unit mounts to those same mounting holes. This unit uses the original Clam Shell Rods that presently are attached to your OE unit. All New and warranted for one year. Please follow the link for more information. Thanks Paul You can call 559-355-3551 or email me if you are unable to see the posting.

Here is a posting on you tube:

post-30953-143141931846_thumb.jpg

post-30953-143141931902_thumb.jpg

post-30953-143141931927_thumb.jpg

Edited by Carbuff2
added you tube website with video (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...
Re: 1965 Buick Riviera "NEW REPLACEMENT CLAM SHELL MOTOR" now available

2013 ROA International Meet

Lexington, Kentucky

June 24-27

Celebrating 50 years of the Riviera

Please note Dick Sweeney "Mr. Riviera" will have one of these at the Riviera National Meet, if you want to see one. Thanks Paul

It will not be at the ROA meet in Lexington , I / it will be at the BCA meet in South Bend Indiana . Sorry for the error .

July 17-20, 2013

South Bend, Indiana

• 4 months later...

There are a couple of postings for 1965 Riviera Headlights. Hope you don't mind me posting the direct link so we know exactly which is yours.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Tell me about the switch....I assume it is spring loaded and returns back to center automatically

like a power top switch on a 60's convertible? You push it one way for open and the other way for closed and it returns to center, killing the power and negating the need for limiter switches? What does it look like and where can it be mounted where it isn't noticeable as being incorrect? The bad thing about the original system is that a limiter switch gets out of adjustment and the motor tries to run until it burns itself out. I assume with your setup there is no possibility of that?

The New Replacement Motor with switch, fuse, wiring complete is $599 NO TRADE REQUIRED. I will allow you $100 if you want to send in your COMPLETE NON-OPERATING unit. Shipping is $15.60 NO TAX.

ok thank you for the info i will be in the market for one soon i will keep you in mind..

The switch is generally mounted under the dash next to the steering column above your right knee when your foot is on the accelerator, You remove the small access plate (one screw holds it) install your switch on that plate and ground to the frame by the column, then you hook up your hot lead (in line fused provided) that leaves two lines to your motor. The switch turns off and on (it is not momentary) but stops at the end of the travel, the motor cuts the power at the end of the turn as well as you are able to turn it off manually in any case the power does not continue to flow into the motor. It does not show to the outside and you would have to tell and show it to anyone that asks, but is easy and convenient to access. Thanks for your interest. Paul

• 4 months later...

Still manufacturing, selling and shipping these clamshell motors.   Order yours today your new motor will be shipped within 24 hours of payment receipt.  Contact me with questions or to order yours and give back to your 65' Riviera its most recognizable, popular and distinctive feature. Paul  559 355-3551 (call or text) • 65skyriv19@att.net