1965 Drag Link

Guest hahnster

Guest hahnster

I am looking for a rebuilt Drag Link for the front end of a 1965 Buick Riviera. Mine is shot and I am rebuilding the entire front end and need a good one to put back on. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

- John

Other than finding a good used one, your best bet it to have yours rebuilt.

Here's a link for Rare Parts, they're one company that provides the service.

http://shop.rareparts.com/smtp/shopdisplaycategories.asp?iyear=1965&imake=0006|BUICK&imodel=0123|RIVIERA&iproduct=0049|STEERING,

They refer to it as a center link.

There may be other firms who supply this service as well.

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

I have reconditioned center links. Sometimes there is a plastic sleeve on the pivot shaft that breaks up and leaves a lot of play. If you use a die grinder to remove the weld from the back cup the ball and shaft can be nudged out in a press. Make a new sleeve with stiff teflon tubing from a plastic supply house, check the wear on the ball. If it is OK slip it together and lightly heli-arc the retaining cup back into the assembly. No more chasing the tar strips and biased tires will drive well.

Bernie

Guest Rob J

I second Rare Parts. I had mine done thru them, as well as purchased rear control arm bushings from them.

Guest hahnster

Thank you for the Tip. Sent mine to rare parts to be refurbished. Will have it back in a couple of weeks, great service.

• 3 years later...