'38 Coupe on ebay

Hudsy Wudsy

Coupe made as Special 40 series 248CI & Century 60 series 320CI

Hard to tell what it is. Suspect its a series 40 by front fenders

A Roadmaster (series 80 and only 4 door) it is not

1938 Buick Eight coupe. project. Missing engine, transmission, hood and bumpers. Rear end has been replaced with Granada rear end due to original being locked up. Solid body with rust around rear fender wells. Rear fenders also rudted where they bolt up.Two owner car with original owners manual and keys. Interior is good, with the seat needing recovering. Good headliner. All glass is good with the exception of drivers rear window, which is chipped. Excellent dash. Would make great restoration. One rust hole in trunk floor. Doors open and shut solidly! Solid deck lid. Will need to be picked. $200 deposit thru paypal. Cash only when picked up. For sale locally. Low, low reserve.
Edited by 1939_buick
spelling (see edit history)

How salvageable is it, really? The only driveline in it is a modern rear end. While a coupe is a neat body style, without a front clip and driveline, unless you had access to one, this becomes a donor...the bidding is over $2k and reserve not met, yet seller implies a low, low reserve. Meh.

I had looked at a coupe a number of years back with jump seats in the rear. It was neat, but had fiberglass on the rear fenders, so it was likely there had been some rust and the fender seams were no more. On the advice of a '38 owner, I decided the price was more than what I wanted to pay for what it was and let it pass. I don't seem to do that very often....