Received my "Build Card"

stakeside

Received "Build Card" for my 1930 DB "E" series 3/4 ton truck chassis # S 115xxx.

Model: B-120, Screenside, 31x5.25 Fisk 6-ply tires with wood spokes. Rear axle ratio 5.1 to 1.

Date of order form 4/11/30.

Truck was order from dealer in San Francisco Ca. Could not read name of dealer.

Can anybody help me with the name of a Dodge dealer in SF in the 30's? I can make out a first letter "J" as a clue.

The Build Card is a good investment of $25. The staff was very helpful.

Received "Build Card" for my 1930 DB "E" series 3/4 ton truck chassis # S 115xxx.

Model: B-120, Screenside, 31x5.25 Fisk 6-ply tires with wood spokes. Rear axle ratio 5.1 to 1.

Date of order form 4/11/30.

Truck was order from dealer in San Francisco Ca. Could not read name of dealer.

Can anybody help me with the name of a Dodge dealer in SF in the 30's? I can make out a first letter "J" as a clue.

The Build Card is a good investment of $25. The staff was very helpful.

Interesting , your truck date is exactly 1 month to the day ahead of mine. 3/11/30 was my date but mine was Detroit made. Very neat

Congrats Sherman , I can't wait to see if mine holds any new info . The Staff is indeed very helpful ...

Please show us what it looks like when you get time.

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

Interesting , your truck date is exactly 1 month to the day ahead of mine. 3/11/30 was my date but mine was Detroit made. Very neat

Congrats Sherman , I can't wait to see if mine holds any new info . The Staff is indeed very helpful ...

Please show us what it looks like when you get time.

Was able to get on line San Francisco Yellow Pages and found J E French Co. I also have a copy of my build card attached.

Information confirm as model B-120.post-71470-143141884474_thumb.jpg

post-71470-143141884477_thumb.jpg

Silly question but is there a reason why you guys block out part of the number of your serial and engine numbers ? I have an idea why but could you please explain to me why you do it?

Thats amazing that you found that yellow pages ad. Very good find in itself...

Silly question but is there a reason why you guys block out part of the number of your serial and engine numbers ? I have an idea why but could you please explain to me why you do it?

Thats amazing that you found that yellow pages ad. Very good find in itself...

I believe that it is to much information. I do not know if any one would be able to create another registration from those numbers. This portal we are using is open to all.

As an acquaintance I would be glad to share the complete numbers with you. I may have done so already.

What other reason I am not aware of.

Guest DodgeKCL

For some reason you Yanks have a terrible problem registering an antique vehicle especially if the 'title' has been lost. Which seems to be more common than not. I see that Chrylser Historical has now made it manditory to include a copy of the title ,or 'ownership' as we Canadians call it, or they won't send out a copy of your build ticket. They didn't ask me for a copy when I got my build ticket but this was a few years ago. I have since assumed you Americans were sending in a bogus serial number and using the build ticket to register your car/truck with it's lost title? Then some one was sending in,by chance, the same number and ,whooops, Chrysler Historical was finding out they had already sent out that build ticket.

Edited by DodgeKCL (see edit history)

Prepare for a mini rant...

Sent for my build card a couple weeks ago, the USPS sent it back with a large green sticker that read "RETURN TO SENDER LOCKBOX CLOSED".

WHAT ? !!:mad:

I contacted the archives folks who have helped alot of us and they sent me an email stating that they have had this problem a few times with the US Postal Service (surprise, surprise right...). They then gave me another location to send it to directing it to the Museum. Hopefully that one gets thru...

She asked that I send in the old envelope with the green stamp so she can try and resolve any similar matters in the future.

Very nice and helpful folks at the archives department.

BTW Sherman,

thats great to see the B-120 model and your key code is new to me,,, I had no idea they had the key codes listed. Can't wait to get mine in the mail.

Need help here:

1) Model shown as B-120 on card and I have Owners Booklet for a E-DA model. I remember seeing a reference to "B" code truck in an article in the Dodge Brothers Club book on Dodge trucks. Maybe these are the same models.

2) Card list shows wood spoke rims. The truck was found in wrecking yard with 20" iron spoke rims

3) Was surprised to find it was a screenside. Truck found with flatbed and a rough cab.

4) What is "Order Number" noted as " S2007"?

5) I believe the rear axle ratio noted as 5.1 to 1. Is this the standard ratio of the DA 6?

I guess a lot of things can happen to a truck after it leaves the dealership in San Francisco. Maybe the wood spokes are replaced with the iron spokes at the dealer for instance..

post-71470-143141890624_thumb.jpg

Need help here:

1) Model shown as B-120 on card and I have Owners Booklet for a E-DA model. I remember seeing a reference to "B" code truck in an article in the Dodge Brothers Club book on Dodge trucks. Maybe these are the same models.

2) Card list shows wood spoke rims. The truck was found in wrecking yard with 20" iron spoke rims

3) Was surprised to find it was a screenside. Truck found with flatbed and a rough cab.

4) What is "Order Number" noted as " S2007"?

5) I believe the rear axle ratio noted as 5.1 to 1. Is this the standard ratio of the DA 6?

I guess a lot of things can happen to a truck after it leaves the dealership in San Francisco. Maybe the wood spokes are replaced with the iron spokes at the dealer for instance..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]192231[/ATTACH]

Both of my 1931 DBs were ordered with wire wheels and both came from the factory with wood spokes. Maybe it was more difficult to supply the wire wheels at that time.

Both of my 1931 DBs were ordered with wire wheels and both came from the factory with wood spokes. Maybe it was more difficult to supply the wire wheels at that time.

Good point.

The question is if the build card was a record of that particular vehicle as delivered or just an order made for a vehicle. The plant tried to match as best as available or assemble the parts to match. This was getting toward the end of the "E" series production.

I find it interesting that my truck,the DA-120, has a different chassis and body than the DA-124 model. Even though they are both 3/4 ton "E" series trucks.

I have both the Graham Brothers/Dodge Brothers DE model and the DA 120. They both have the same chassis and body.