27 studebaker build

boojoe

Haven't been here for quite some time The car is pretty much done .I am just trying to picture how I'm going to finish the rear of the car. I stare at it for a while and think I may have a plan but I'm having trouble putting it to metal! I saw a show on tv where a shop used a 39 ford hood for the rear and built sides. Not sure I like that .  I need to do something to cover fuel tank. I'm also having a problem with carbs, I have two but the car won't run with either one. Trying to find a decent one. It was running but way too rich. I changed carbs and now it won't run at all. I need to regroup and figure this out!! The shop is done and is working out great. Lots of room for my junk .I'm learning to use a English wheel and plannising hammer.  So far so good.

• Like 1

Today I decided to make an adaptor and put a Rochester two barrel on my 49 Studebaker motor as no one has a used carter one barrel> The motor is in my 25 speedster. Should n't be a problem, I do have a milling machine. Hope this works

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone seems to think that an old hood is the easy way to start a boat tail back, but I can't say I've seen many done that way that I liked. I'm sure you'll be tossing some practice runs in the scrap pile, but if you persevere until you learn how to use that English wheel and plannishing hammer I think you'll be happier in the end.

Haven't been here for quite some time The car is pretty much done .I am just trying to picture how I'm going to finish the rear of the car. I stare at it for a while and think I may have a plan but I'm having trouble putting it to metal! I saw a show on tv where a shop used a 39 ford hood for the rear and built sides. Not sure I like that .  I need to do something to cover fuel tank. I'm also having a problem with carbs, I have two but the car won't run with either one. Trying to find a decent one. It was running but way too rich. I changed carbs and now it won't run at all. I need to regroup and figure this out!! The shop is done and is working out great. Lots of room for my junk .I'm learning to use a English wheel and plannising hammer.  So far so good.

Have you tried "carbking" on this forum for a carburetor?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest QGolden

Hey Joe

I'be been following your build since the beginning, it has been a source of inspiration for mine. I understand that sometimes projects need to move on, I wish you the best, and if you start another one, come back. Mine is actually a little further along than this, but things slow down in the winter!

post-130728-0-01166000-1456543140_thumb.

post-130728-0-28458200-1456543160_thumb.

post-130728-0-27622600-1456543203_thumb.

post-130728-0-81113700-1456543217_thumb.

post-130728-0-36638200-1456543250_thumb.

• 1 month later...

Car is sold and will be headed to Michigan next week  .  Its been a lot of fun and a learning experience.  I started work on a car I've been looking for for about 10 years on and off!! Finally found a decent body.  SS 396 chevelle with a four speed!! I will be saving this one and putting it back on the road. That's what I do not a restorer, a car saver!!

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The body was mostly gone when I got the car. ! two doors and the cowl. those parts are already sold as I didn't plan on using them. I would like to get a hold of the person from Michigan that bought the car as when he picked it up I couldn't find the head. My friend had the head in his machine shop and it appeared today. I am now in position of it .If you see this post by some chance get a hold of me. I have your address but no phone # .

Guest jpizza57111

if you still need yur wheels done,stutzman wheel shop in baltic,ohio they do great work

and a good turn around time not as expensive as the shop in pa