boojoe

27 studebaker build

Glad to hear you're making progress... seems to be a lot of stalled projects around here lately.

Gary Ash is also making progress .Once I get the motor up I can order my clutch and get going on the rest.

Got a whole day working on the Studebaker!! Lowerd the grill shell 4 inches,it looks great. I tried to start the motor but the 6 volt batt has no balls ,I'm rethinking this and may go to 12 volts The batt I have doesn't spin the starter fast enough to engage fly-wheel.It works great on my crosley and that's where its staying. Back to work at the house tomorrow,time to mow again.

Not mowing here yet... first spring rains are just taking down the last of the snow, but there's more flurries in the forecast for next weekend.

Hello Gary, Do you have any other particulars about the baby blue Studebaker speedster in the pictures? I can't determine if the chassis is from the earlier Studebaker or a bit later than 1927. The Rad. looks like '29 or '20? Nice work on your project. I am still moving along but slowly on my Studebaker racer project. I am anxious to see your chassis up and rolling.

Alan

Yesterday they started my building. Should be pouring the slab Thursday or Friday. It won't be long now.Then I have the job of moving out of my rental garage. That might take a week or so!!

I tried to start the motor but the 6 volt batt has no balls ,I'm rethinking this and may go to 12 volts The batt I have doesn't spin the starter fast enough to engage fly-wheel.It works great on my crosley and that's where its staying.

Are you using 6V starter cables? 12V cables are too light and have too much resistance - they will get warm when you try to start the motor.

using heavy duty jumper cables the starter will spin but it won't engage the flywheel.. I took it to the repair shop and it worked fine. going to 12 volts

I'm back for a bit. The building and driveway are done and I started moving stuff yesterday. I have a feeling it will fill up fast'post-92822-143142570695_thumb.jpg

post-92822-143142570695_thumb.jpg

Ah ha! Very nice! I hope to move into a larger garage and resume my speedster also, time sure does go by fast!

Yep, time flies when you're having fun. I noticed in my last post I wasn't mowing grass yet, but now it wants to be cut every 3 days! Your garage looks great... what's the dimensions? Will it have a heating system? Keeping them from filling up with junk is a constant chore, and it happens before you are even finished.

The garage is 30 x 50 . No need down here for heat. Might put a window air conditioner in.

My 30x36 has 6 inch walls to get the insulation value up, insulated door, and will include electric in floor heat. Pushes my price tag up over the $50k mark and there's nothing fancy about it. Metal siding, metal roof, one door, 2 windows.

This building is all steel ( no termites ) So far I've spent 28,000 . The electric will be another $4500.

Yea... they sure eat into your project money. I'm afraid my electric installation bill will be that plus the heating system as well. I need to pour some more concrete and get it in before winter. No termites up here, but keeping the mice under control is a constant chore. They can do a lot of damage in an insulated building too.

O k ,its almost time to get working again. Its been three months since I did any serious work on this car .The electrition will be here in the morning to start the shop wiring.I still have to move the rest of my junk out of the rental garage. I have till aug. first. Today I had to mow the lawn. that toke all afternoon.Tomorrow its do the trimming before it rains. Allways something to do !!!!!

Yep...first the grass, then the munchies....lol.... might have been a spelling error. Glad to hear someone is still moving things in the right direction.

Well the electric is in!! Today I moved two crosleys. I managed to get it done before the rain. Tomorrow I will move the 25 Studebaker and tues my friend will help move the large sandblast cab and the big compressor , Lets see , two more workbenches two motors and two trans!! almost done. I spent yesterday attemting to organize.

O.K. everything is in ,but of course I've reached a bump in the road.. The electric co said I need another pole and some tree trimming . They said its only going to be around $2100. Gag me with a spoon!!! Hopefully we can get this taken care of by the end of next week. Allways something.

you're staying ahead of me... haven't even got the extra concrete poured yet and that was "supposed to be" done by the end of July

Made progress today. started the motor this morning and on top of that I made my first bracket for the clutch linkage. I'm only about 4 months behind. Monday I order parts and start making the brackets for the pedals Then it will be on to the firewall and floors and the body will be last. Hope your concrete comes Monday

LOL... good thing it didn't. I'm nowhere near ready for it yet and the harvest season will soon be upon us.

well today the electric co, the guy next door and myself met and talked about trimming the tree. we decided the tree is coming down! I volentiered to pay for the stump grinding. The guy from the electric co said I should have power by the end of next week!! I did manage to make progress on the car today. Made my templates for the firewall and floors and finished the clutch linkage. things are looking up. Parts from Studebaker inter. are on the way.

Today I have power !!! including a few pics of what I have .The parts came from stud inter but the clutch and bearing were wrong so they went back. Hopfully I get the right parts early next week Its nice having power, should be able to get back on track. notice I lowered the grill 4 inches, I think it looks a lot better. post-92822-143142676467_thumb.jpg

post-92822-143142676463_thumb.jpg