New to the Buick World!

41sedanetteowner

I recently bought a 1941 Buick Special Sedanette and have started taking inventory of what parts will be needed. So here is my list of needs:

Drivers side hood release handle

1- hood pilot

1- Rear deck lid emblem

3- 16" wheels

1- pair of hi/lo horns

I'm sure there will be more parts that I'll be needing, I've already found some parts on ebay and at bob's automobilia. Any and all help and information will be greatly appreciated.

Thank-you!

Juan

jaguirre74@gmail.com

Juan,

Welcome to world of 1941 Buicks. As the adverstsing said "The Best Buick Yet". You have already found Bob's and he is a good source for parts as well as Old Buick Parts in NJ. A must have is a book by Bob Anderson titled "Restoration Facts: 1941 Buick". It is a great reference to have and can be ordered at www.andersonautomotiveenterprises.com.

As you will find they are great driving cars and very reliable too. There are plenty of 41 owners on this blog who I am sure will be willing to help you through the process. Best of luck.

Welcome to Buick World

Another good source of used parts is http://forums.aaca.org/f165/dave-tachney-341710.html

Some good info & links in Abie's' thread http://forums.aaca.org/f165/1940-buick-special-3rd-owner-1st-348876.html

Recommend you join the BCA as the link in my signature

Edited by 1939_buick (see edit history)

Guest BigDogDaddy

Welcome Juan ! There is lots of good info here on this forum and plenty of knowledgeable people who are always willing to help out with any questions you may have.

Thank-you, to all of you that have replied to my thread! I am somewhat familiar with parts hunting, I had a 1947 Chevrolet Fleetline Aerosedan. I can say that it is easier to find parts for Chevrolets, as there are more vendors for them. I joined the AACA with the hopes of finding parts for my Sedanette and hopefully forming some friendships along the way. Again, thanks to all that have replied. I hope to post some pictures of my car in the near future.

Thank-you! I have also joined the Buick Club of America, just a few hours ago. I had noticed that other members have their AACA and BCA membership numbers, when or where do I go to find these membership numbers?
Welcome to the BCA

Membership number will be sent to you in a few days when the membership is processed. Or ask the BCA office as on the web site

Juan,

Welcome the the world of Buick and the '41 models in particular. You will get your BCA number sent to you once the office has processed your membership. I don't know how long that will take, but Mike and Nancy are good people, so you are in good hands.

We got our '41 in 2007 and really enjoy it. My wife in particular wants to get better at using a clutch and manual transmission so she can drive it. She really likes how smooth and quiet it is. I don't recall what she was referring to, but there are elements of interior design that she likes much better in the '41 than our modern GM vehicles. Some of the small touches are really neat.

Yes, it can be tough to find some stuff, but thankfully the mechanical necessities aren't that bad. It is the aesthetic stuff (trim etc.) that can cause a bit more grief in the parts finding.

Take care, good luck with the car, and I'm looking forward to the photos. I've always wanted a sedanette (great styling), but got a happy medium finding a 4 door (easier for teens to get in and out) with the tourback / jetback styling similar in nature to that of a sedanette.