63 Riv carpet, I would like everyones opinion on this

Guest Steeleco

Guest Steeleco

From top to bottom which carpet sample would you use? The seats covers are Clark's original Blue replaced by me. Not sure if the carpet was ever replaced in this car before. Also if someone has an opinion on what would be the correct color carpet for Riviera interior code 716 I would appreciate it. Thanks!post-85701-143141833512_thumb.jpg

Steele

Dont know where these samples were obtained but if you havnt already checked I would recommend obtaining samples from ACC carpets. Clarks does not use them as a supplier. The last time I did a carpet set I was not happy with the samples from Clarks (I wanted as close a match to original as I could find) but I did find ACC had a color that was dead on; the interior color was saddle. Just a note to say Clarks sewed the carpet of my choice when they did the seat covers so they were very accommodating to me as a customer.

If you are concerned about originality I would suggest removing a sill plate to obtain a sample which hasnt been exposed to UV light. Matching this sample should get you very close. Good luck,

Tom Mooney

Guest Steeleco

Hey Tom, Yea I agree, I did not care for Clarks carpet sample colors although I like the seat covers I got from them. The samples in the picture came for Stock Interiors who I believe uses ACC carpet. The samples I have shown are Top 552, Middle 512, Bottom 540. I think I am trying to get the closest to stock as possible but I may go for a darker blue just because that's me. Still would like to get everyones opinion on what color to use.

Edited by Steeleco (see edit history)

It may not be original, but I think black carpet looks good with any color upholstery.....certainly better than the odd mismatched blue colors you often see on old cars.....just a personal opinion.....Of course, I guess thats easy for me to say, mine's black on black.Drew#4675