Is this a PLYMOUTH keyed DOOR HANDLE or HATCH or WINDOW

sandtrooper

That is the latch that is used in pairs on the 810-812 Cord trunk lid. In that application only one side locks. A number of years ago I saw a pair on a trunklid at carlisle that I believe was from a Mopar sedan, maybe Plymouth, pre '36, and a not very common body style as the norm then was ore often a flat back with rear mounted spare, probably '35. I went back for a second look, and to perhaps buy, but it was gone...I have seen them with two different style keyhole covers.

Thanks Dave...your post is very much appreciated and also explains the similar looking dummy handle I have here (without-key). What I first thought was a mock-up or after-thought could be the mate. I absolutely must find it now, even though I remember it was somewhat rough. This part is very clumsy when handled (with its 2 hinging points) but must have had a certain quality purpose and action. thnx agin ...m

Auburn Seeker...yes...I got it and when I clicked your email link i get the type of reply that requires me to fill out SMTP info and etc and I balked. Will try to get with you a different way. I have found 2 dummies that match but they are out of alignment somewhat (bent) I might have to put them on auction. I'll keep you informed