Cool EBAY Purchase

Guest shadetree77

Guest shadetree77

I purchased this lot of original Buick literature on EBAY for the hefty sum of .99 cents. It's in pretty decent condition. The most interesting part is that the battery and service policies are filled in with owner info. Seems Mr. Joe Doennig purchased a brand new Special Deluxe on February 23, 1952 at Leo Stark Buick in Monett, Missouri. I tried to look up Mr. Doennig and the Buick dealership but couldn't find much. I found a 1940 census with Joe Doennig listed. He was married to a Margret and it states that he was a service station owner. That's pretty cool. I found a 1926 yearbook from Monett with a tiny picture of a Joe Doennig. I also found a newspaper article announcing scholarships that had been award to local students and one was called the "Joe and Margret Doennig Memorial Scholarship". I couldn't find anything about Leo Stark Buick. Does anybody recognize the body or engine numbers listed on the policies? Wouldn't that be cool if someone out there has this Buick? Anyone know anything else about Joe or the Buick dealership in Monett?

I bought these to put in my glovebox. My original owners manual is missing the cover and my Dynaflow book has seen better days. After looking at the battery and service policy I had a great idea. I scanned them and edited them to add my name to them. I'm going to print them out on some aged paper and stick them in my glove box. As a matter of fact, if anyone would like me to do this for them I would. Just let me know and I can either send you blank scans or I can fill in your personalized info. on these and send you the files so that you can print them out. Here are some pictures of the original documents and my personalized ones.

post-75106-143141808929_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143141808942_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143141808957_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143141808969_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143141808984_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143141808996_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143141809011_thumb.jpg

Yes that is a cool purchase indeed too bad you couldn't have got it cheaper. LOL!

I noticed the name Robert Trail on one document. Maybe I'm, mistaken since I'm at work and can't reference my magazine but ironically isn't that the same name of the new Bugle Technical Writer?

Yes that is a cool purchase indeed too bad you couldn't have got it cheaper. LOL!

I noticed the name Robert Trail on one document. Maybe I'm, mistaken since I'm at work and can't reference my magazine but ironically isn't that the same name of the new Bugle Technical Writer?

One and the same!

Ben

Guest shadetree77

I think I might be related to that fellow.:) Lol. Yep, that would be me Jason.

I aged some paper and printed out my personalized booklets today. Came out pretty good. Maybe a shade darker than I would have liked but they'll work. Here's a few pictures. They look pretty light in the pictures but that's just the flash on the camera.

I was able to download a typewriter font that matched the original's almost perfectly. I put my name and my car's engine numbers and serial/body number. I put the buy date as November 12. Firstly because that's my birthday, and secondly because my car was built in October of '52 so November works. I also put the name of the dealership where my car was most likely purchased. Stuff like this is what I get up to when it's too cold to work on my car. :P

post-75106-143141810107_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143141810112_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143141810115_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143141810121_thumb.jpg

Edited by shadetree77 (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
Guest Olds boy

I had seen your post and was very excited. Leo Stark was my grandfather. Would you be interested in selling?

Guest shadetree77

Awesome! That's really cool that you found my post. I was hoping something like that would happen eventually. Tell you what, I can do you one better. You can have the service policy and the battery policy booklets. I scanned them and have what I need so I'd like to pass them on to you and your family. Just private message me your mailing address and I'll ship them to you. Do you have any information about the dealership or maybe even pictures of it or your Grandfather or Buicks from his dealership? I couldn't find much at all on the internet. I'm glad that you found this and I hope you enjoy the brochures.

Guest Olds boy
CLASS ACT. You tha man, Robert!!

Ben

Robert I really can't thank you enough for doing this. I am going to Scan and download some pictures for you of my grandpa and the dealership! My mom which is the daughter of Leo Stark is thrilled that I found this piece of family history! Can't wait to have them in hand. Thanks again

Edited by Olds boy (see edit history)

Guest shadetree77

I got them at the world wide flea market.....AKA EBAY.:) They came from a seller in Kansas City, MO. Seems like I remember something about them being in an antique shop up there and the seller put them on EBAY.

Guest shadetree77

I look forward to seeing them. The papers are on my desk waiting to be mailed. I should be able to mail them out tomorrow.

Guest Olds boy

That's great, can't wait? I think the pic of the show room has a 52 Buick and my grandfather both! I hope my wife can get the scanner to work, they are cool old pics! I wish I was alive at that time. He also owned the Oldsmobile dealership there in Monett too! I just recently bot a 65 Cutlass that I am going to do a frame of restoration on. It was a one owner car that was sold from Stark Oldsmobile. And the best part is I have all of the paper work on the car. I have all his sales books of all the cars he sold, so I have the original shipping slip and all the options it had! But I didn't have any of his Buick stuff until I found your post!!! Thanks it will be greatly loved!

Guest Olds boy

post-94671-143141974581_thumb.jpg

Leo Stark Buick, Monett Missouri pictures as promised.

#1 Lookiing Northwest towards Leo Stark Buick

#2 Leo Stark's brother Wayne Stark in passenger seat with customer

#3 Man in front of passenger door is Leo Stark showing off the new years Buick

#4 Leo Stark Buick and service center looking Northwest

post-94671-143141974572_thumb.jpg

post-94671-143141974577_thumb.jpg

post-94671-143141974579_thumb.jpg

Guest shadetree77

Wow! Thanks for posting those. Love the one showing the service center and the gas pumps. I sent the brochures out today. I private messaged you the tracking number. It is so cool to see the dealership that these came from. This is a good example of how amazing the internet is. What are the chances that you would find this thread? Simply awesome. Let me know when those get to you. I put them in a photo mailer so they wouldn't get bent up.

Wow this is great, that you happened upon this thread and Robert is getting you the old literature. The name Stark Buick sounds familiar. I have lots of old 54 Buick dealership stuff and will look through to see if I have anything you may be interested in.

While I am sure you would not be interested in selling the original pictures that you posted, which by the way are of 1954 Buicks, could you possibly email me the scan files of them. I'd be glad to pay you for them. 1954buick@gmail.com

thanks,

Lamar

Guest Olds boy

MrEarl, that sounds great, I will try to get you a scan ASAP. Not to tech smart but my wife can help me out. I hope you find some Leo Stark Buick stuff in your stash! He also had the Olds dealership too just FYI.

MrEarl, that sounds great, I will try to get you a scan ASAP. Not to tech smart but my wife can help me out. I hope you find some Leo Stark Buick stuff in your stash! He also had the Olds dealership too just FYI.

Got something you may be interested in Olds Boy. go here http://forums.aaca.org/f115/leo-stark-buick-dealership-monett-missouri-354655.html#post1188705

Guest gunjeep444

I printed off those scans and put the printed out versions in my 56's glove box. Worked great!

Guest shadetree77

Glad they worked out for you Jerry. If anyone else would like high resolution scans of the blank ones shoot me a private message with your email address and I'll send them to you. By the way, OldsBoy received the original documents and they now reside in his family collection. Glad to know they are with someone that will appreciate them.