Radio Wanted

Guest Hillstreet

Guest Hillstreet

I am looking for a radio to put in my 65 Riviera,Previous owner put in a new Cd player.

So now i wounder is it only 63 to 65 Riviera radio who is correct for the car, or would some other Buick radio be correct?

So If some one have one to sell that would fit in the Riviera,please let me now.

I havent find any one in Sweden.

Best regards Janne

post-87799-143141799728_thumb.jpg

Check the archives. I think Jim Cannon posted a list of part #'s for Rivieras some time ago. You have a choice. AM or AM/FM. I don't know if there are different radios for power antennas or whether power antenna is just an add on to any radio. Nothing in stereo. For a rear seat speaker, you need a different knob to go behind the tuner knob; it is wired into the speaker harness and has the fader control. The knobs are different from a 63/64 and a '65. A GM radio from a different division might fit, but only Buick radios have B U I C K on the push buttons.

greetings, Hillstreet! I'm not sure how ebay works overseas, but there is a nice looking wonder bar radio in working condition for auction by dealer mopar 48-63-68. The bidding is at $20 and continues for 5 more days. check it out if you can. Good luck, Drew

Hillstreet, FYI, I don't think that Wonderbar Radios were an option in '65. My sources could be wrong so anyone else who knows for sure can chime in. If you do buy a Wonderbar radio, make sure that the foot activator comes with it.

Ed

Guest Hillstreet

Thanks for your answers,wery nice of you.

1965rivsgs might help me

Best regards

Janne from a cold and snowy Sweden.

Hillstreet, FYI, I don't think that Wonderbar Radios were an option in '65. My sources could be wrong so anyone else who knows for sure can chime in. If you do buy a Wonderbar radio, make sure that the foot activator comes with it.

Ed

The Delco radio number for a '65 Riviera Wonderbar is 7285444.

I don't know how many were actually sold in '65; I could try to find out. (WB was only ~8% of all radios in full-size Buicks in '63.) Wonderbar had been around for a long time by '65 (novelty of it had worn off).

Is there a tech adviser who covers the `65 models? Like, someone who REALLY knows the `65 models and we could use as a "source"?? Maybe we could conjure one up on the internet...:confused::confused:... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:... ;) ;);):eek::eek:....:mad: Thanks Jim

Tom Mooney

BTW Dont think the factory installed `65 Wonderbar came with a foot switch...but I`ll have to check my sources

Guest Cheagey
I am looking for a radio to put in my 65 Riviera,Previous owner put in a new Cd player.

So now i wounder is it only 63 to 65 Riviera radio who cheap speakers is correct for the car, or would some other Buick radio be correct?

So If some one have one to sell that would fit in the Riviera,please let me now.

I havent find any one in Sweden.

Best regards Janne

[ATTACH=CONFIG]182956[/ATTACH]

Hello have you purchased the radio or still searching? Even I need one FM radio so need you advise

Edited by Cheagey (see edit history)