1931 Plymouth PA engine mount torque spring

dravid

Hi all

I came across an engine mount torque spring for a 1931 Plymouth PA. it looks like half of a front leaf spring pack.

This part confuses me because I just got my 4 Cylinder PA started up but do not recall seeing this part on my car. Am i missing this part on my car? It is quite a large part and I would see it if it was there or I should notice something missing if it is not there.

Can anybody post some pics or advise me if this part is supposed to be on my car.

Thanks

Dravid

Keiser31 might have a pic and application.

My 32 PB had it. It was bolted solid to the bottom of the bell housing and went over to the passenger side framerail area. This was a piece of the "Floating Power" engine mount system. If your PA has a somewhat triangular front motor mount that is centered quite high, then I think it would need the spring.

On the passenger side, under the frame should be a square torque mount. (picture included) that has vulcanized rubber inside. This is what the leaf sits in. My 31 PA has one but the rubber is bad. I will climb under and get you some pictures this afternoon. If you are missing the mount it looks fairly simple to fabricate with the only hassle being the rubber portion. Then and Now Automotive will re-vulcanize the rubber, roughly $32 according to the website. You have to send yours in to have the work done. post-88926-143141797382_thumb.jpgPatrick

Keiser31 might have a pic and application.

My 32 PB had it. It was bolted solid to the bottom of the bell housing and went over to the passenger side framerail area. This was a piece of the "Floating Power" engine mount system. If your PA has a somewhat triangular front motor mount that is centered quite high, then I think it would need the spring.

Sorry....been sick for the last few days. I don't have a photo of that setup.