1951 BUICK ROADMASTER!

Guest 51 Buick guy

Hey, if you get a bid on eBay, and somebody shows good reliable interest off eBay, you can always close the auction.

No problem, you just cancel the bids, part of ending an auction.

You are close to me (I am near Bakersfield), so I am keeping an eye on it!!

(Oh, just what I need...another project!!) LOL

Cheers, Mike

Gee, I could of sworn this car, the last time it was on ebay in January, was said to be located in Napa not Fresno. I must be loosing it.

Anyway, it looks like more photos this time around. Probably a few photos of the bad wire area would be a good idea. One might think the harness is fried or could be fried if the shredding is bad enough.

Guest 51 Buick guy

Someone please buy it! I need the space and money. Am getting married in August, so you know how that goes.

Guest 4 bufords

not to get off topic,but how are things in your woodie world mike,haven't seen you on here for a while,4 bufords from ct

Someone please buy it! I need the space and money. Am getting married in August, so you know how that goes.

O.K. I'll help ..... O.K. I know you have revealed some info about the car. - So then tell us some history about the car, how did you get it and how long have you had it? How does it run and drive? Is the trans & torque tube leaking badly as it sits? When you say new suspension, is the front end components completely new/good and how about the brakes and transmission? Looks from the photos that the hood is in primer and maybe the front fenders too or just faded? Does the original interior smell moldy and does one need to open the windows on a hot day just to be able to sit in the car?

This is stuff one needs to know. Oh, and is the original hood emblem in the glove compartment? ;)

Edited by buick man (see edit history)

Guest 51 Buick guy

I bought it early last year with the intention of it being a sunday car.(church). The guy that i bought it from said he rebuilt the carburator and suspension. He said he used to drive it around the neighborhood but that it smoked from that relay pictured. The battery that it had was bad and wouldnt hold a charge so i bought a rebuilt one from autozone (6v). The lights and gauges work but nothing under the hood clicks. The motor is not stuck, it easily turns. The distributor cap and wires seem new. The transmission leaks a bit but not much. The paint is just dull and has a dirt film from not being waxed in years but otherwise looks good. I bought the tires and hubcaps, total about 900$. Now am no buick expert but the interior looks good except for the upolsthery under rear window which is coming off in corners, as far as it being original i dont know but it sure looks nice, car does not smell moldy it has been kept garaged since i bought up until about 3 months ago when i put it on a car port at my sisters house.I have one emblem for the hood that at some point looks like it was put together with adhesive and is faded and yes its in the trunk. Car sits on jacks so tires dont go bad. Also i have the antenna. The passenger floor pan might need replacing it has rust going through not sure about drivers side but i would assume yes. Didnt see rust in the rear floor but i just took a quick peek. If you have any questions just ask, i try to be as descriptive as possible but i still have quite some ways to go before i win some awards.

Good thing Buick guy that is a good start. My suggestion that would really help sell the car is if you could get it started and running. Even with a remote starter switch if necessary. This can be done, temporarily by-passing the foot starter circuit and is an easy thing to do as well as the by-passing any relays. If it is a relay, it can be temporarily by-passed as well.

Have you actually ever heard the engine run and have you ever drove the car or has it always been garage project like this since you bought it as well?

Also, I would suggest getting up under the car and take a small sharp ice pick and gently/lightly poke around the passenger and driver side floor pans front and back and see what you find. Do this in the trunk area pan as well.

Most likely, if the floor pans are shot along with a non-running car it's going to make the car a hard to sell to someone I would think so getting it going would be a big plus if that is at all possible.

If you need help in getting it running, the guys on this site could most likely give you the needed information, how-to-do's and stats to get it going if you are handy with a wrench.

Guest 51 Buick guy

I do have a guy that is suppose to fix the electrical and get it running, i did a concrete job for him last year but hes had things out of his control come up, so am just being patient. I would rather sell it and wait till he pays me cash, i wouldnt know where to start when it comes to straight eights. If someone can give me help with the remote starting and how to do it, i could probably post a video of the car running by the weekend. Thanks!