looking for a Marvel 10-1514 carburetor

edu429boss

I have a 10-1515 Marvel that I think is for a 33 Buick. I don't know the carb model numbers to know what fits what. I do know that the intake casting is definitely diffferent between 32 and 33.

Let me know if you are interested. The carb looks in great shape.

Bob

I have an extra marvel 2 bbl updraft that came with my 32 60 series. Not sure if they are the same, maybe someone here would know, I know it needs a new float and bowl cover, the rest is in good shape, had it working on my car.

Hello, thanks for replying, but the series 60 original carb is the 10-1518, my engine uses the same carburator that the series 90, unfortunately. Is a little harder to find, but i'll keep looking for. Thanks a lot!

Eduardo

I have a 10-1515 Marvel that I think is for a 33 Buick. I don't know the carb model numbers to know what fits what. I do know that the intake casting is definitely diffferent between 32 and 33.

Let me know if you are interested. The carb looks in great shape.

Bob

Hello Bob, thanks for replying, but your carb is original in the series 50, unfortunately. Is a little harder to find, but i'll keep looking for. Thanks a lot.

Eduardo

10-1514, 80-90 series. I don't want to sell my spare but might try Buick Registry, Paul Rickman.

Sandy

That's right, is important have more than one of rare parts. i'll try to talk with Paul and ask him, but i think he don't have, but who knows,he does not know someone who has.

Thanks for replying!

Eduardo

Regards

• 5 weeks later...
Hi Eduardo

That's great! let us know how you get on- we like pictures!

cheers

jules

Hello, i'll post some pictures... but now i need the complete heat control system, because my car is using a downdraft system adapted, and i need to came back the original system. if anyone knows where can i found it? tks

Eduardo

Guest outlaw car man

I'll check. You will need a lot more then just the Marvel & heat riser, hand throttle, choke connection etc. Are you set up with the pre-heat device too? Odd thing.

OCM

I'll check. You will need a lot more then just the Marvel & heat riser, hand throttle, choke connection etc. Are you set up with the pre-heat device too? Odd thing.

OCM

Hello, how are you? thanks a lot for responding this thread and try to help me. i post some pictures of my actual manifold system, but i think i'll need everything that you said. what do you think?

post-65063-143141763672_thumb.jpg

post-65063-143141763506_thumb.jpg

post-65063-143141763538_thumb.jpg

post-65063-143141763566_thumb.jpg

post-65063-143141763592_thumb.jpg

post-65063-143141763619_thumb.jpg

post-65063-143141763645_thumb.jpg

Guest outlaw car man

Yes, I can see what's been done- I'm not as good as a mechanic as the rest of the group, but they can fill in.

I have to be brief tonight , but it looks like the intake manifold has been installed, upside down, as normal to install the downdraft Carb. I know of this being done, but never seen it.

You have some big issues, as normal, with the exhaust manifold.

I'll need to get my book out to make sure I use the correct terms, tomorrow.

The exhaust manifold is your first issue, not good for a 1933 80/90. In my humble opinion, you need to solve that first, before even starting or just toss $$$ away. I can't help in that area and I'm dead serious, going to be tough to find one or repair- But it's a machine, so something can always be done.

Start there. Without that corrected, you can't start.

If the car isn't running at all, you might take the whole section off and begin the hunt and see what else needs to be done.

You won't even be able to hook up a heat riser in this condition, the port has been welded over.

OCM

Eduardo,

If you are not building your car for show, I would leave it alone and go with what you have........

I just got the "rough" quotes for the exhaust manifold for my '40 Buick (with the 320cid engine), and just the front and rear section casting patterns are over ten grand........... Lord knows what the center and lower sections will be for patterns. We haven't even started to talk about what the actual casting and machining costs will be.

To find a resonably good exhaust manifold for a '33 is going to take some real digging. and I wish you luck...........

Mike in Colorado

Yes, I can see what's been done- I'm not as good as a mechanic as the rest of the group, but they can fill in.

I have to be brief tonight , but it looks like the intake manifold has been installed, upside down, as normal to install the downdraft Carb. I know of this being done, but never seen it.

You have some big issues, as normal, with the exhaust manifold.

I'll need to get my book out to make sure I use the correct terms, tomorrow.

The exhaust manifold is your first issue, not good for a 1933 80/90. In my humble opinion, you need to solve that first, before even starting or just toss $$$ away. I can't help in that area and I'm dead serious, going to be tough to find one or repair- But it's a machine, so something can always be done.

Start there. Without that corrected, you can't start.

If the car isn't running at all, you might take the whole section off and begin the hunt and see what else needs to be done.

You won't even be able to hook up a heat riser in this condition, the port has been welded over.

OCM

Unfortunately here in Brazil, car is not a Culture as there in USA, i'd love it to be, because i love cars, it all impresses me. I have 27 years old and my brother have 23, our grandfather was a great car collector here in Brazil and we inherited this passion from him. However, restore cars here is an art, further, when it comes to vintage cars, most of peaces have to be created from a sample, which are often taken from books. Here we do Bodyshop, painting, mechanical, electrical, upholstery and finishing, all this my brother and i, we don't have any employee. Our grandfather built the Concorde, a car that was built in the '70s, with vintage inspiration. This fact affected the entire world, appeared in newspapers around the world, including the automaker Lincoln invited him to the U.S. to build this car on the chassis of them.

The exhaust manifold is well "screwed", but I think I can still take care of him, if I have an exploded view of the system, I believe that I can create the missing parts, I tried to look at a lot of places and have not found, bought catalogs on ebay, but none that shows the need.

I too appreciate the help that is giving me, the pictures of your car already helped me do a lot in mine.

Anyway, I told this story to show that here all we have to create a lot, because Brazil not of great importance to cars, as it should.

Thanks again. i'll post 2 pictures of Concorde, this 2 cars are mine, take a look.

Eduardo,

If you are not building your car for show, I would leave it alone and go with what you have........

I just got the "rough" quotes for the exhaust manifold for my '40 Buick (with the 320cid engine), and just the front and rear section casting patterns are over ten grand........... Lord knows what the center and lower sections will be for patterns. We haven't even started to talk about what the actual casting and machining costs will be.

To find a resonably good exhaust manifold for a '33 is going to take some real digging. and I wish you luck...........

Mike in Colorado

Hello Mike,

I agree with you in everything you said, but i like the original Buick crazy project, is complex, it's beautiful. My friend have a 1929 DeSoto Six and we turn back the updraft original carb system, the car looks like a clock. Here in Brazil now have a vintage car race, is in a go-kart track, so does not require a lot of cars, but look at that beautiful thing. The DeSoto and the Buick racing.

but thanks for the help, i know that i'll have a hard way ahead.

Guest outlaw car man
Hello Mike,

I agree with you in everything you said, but i like the original Buick crazy project, is complex, it's beautiful. My friend have a 1929 DeSoto Six and we turn back the updraft original carb system, the car looks like a clock. Here in Brazil now have a vintage car race, is in a go-kart track, so does not require a lot of cars, but look at that beautiful thing. The DeSoto and the Buick racing.

but thanks for the help, i know that i'll have a hard way ahead.

You guys would make good 1930s gangsters, driving away from a bank robbery ! I have never seen any specs on the 1933 exhaust manifold. If you have it running now, leave it and start a search for a 1933 exhaust manifold. Only thing I can see to do is attempt to repare the one that is on the car. I've seen a couple 33 Buicks come up on Ebay in the last month or two, one looked like a parts car.

There is a picture of a exhaust manifold in the 33 Shop manual but won't do you much good.

Not much I can do for you without the parts you need. Assist you where I can

You guys would make good 1930s gangsters, driving away from a bank robbery ! I have never seen any specs on the 1933 exhaust manifold. If you have it running now, leave it and start a search for a 1933 exhaust manifold. Only thing I can see to do is attempt to repare the one that is on the car. I've seen a couple 33 Buicks come up on Ebay in the last month or two, one looked like a parts car.

There is a picture of a exhaust manifold in the 33 Shop manual but won't do you much good.

Not much I can do for you without the parts you need. Assist you where I can

I understand that, no problem, i'll try to find some exhaust manifold, i think is my only way out.

But tks anyway, your help is being very welcome.

if you like vintage cars, take a look in this video: