Auto Restorer

Guest Randy Berger

I used to subscribe to it. Lot of nuts-and-bolts info. Not page after page of ads. Carb rebuild articles, plating problems, etc.<BR>I liked it, but supporting two hobbies, cars and old toy trains, have to watch where I put my $$. wink.gif" border="0

I read it every month and always learn something. Its better then 90 % of the rest of the magazines I read.<BR>I case any of you haven't tried, they will bargin with you if you call to renew. I saved $15.00 over what they asked in the mail.

What did u NOT like about it?????? Is it mostly tech stuff?????? is it incorrect or what??? What is the price???? (about).

Money,<BR>I renewed for 2 years for 33 dollars.<BR>Information, mainly technical and good detail. Right now they are showing you how to rebuild an AC compressor. They also have an ongoig series on rebuilding a Dodge Charger.<BR>They have had series on rebuilding a flathead 6, how to rebuild a tranny, and how to use the new series of basecoats / clearcoats. They also hae a "My Car" feature that shows a different and unique car (Lotus, Chrysler, Porsche 356B last few months)and its alue.<BR>Like I said, I can gleam more inofrmation out of one issue then I can out of a couple of different magazines I read.<BR>Also, NO advertising. Thats a big plus.<P>John, Try it I am sure they will give you your money back if you dont like it.

Guest Hal Davis (MODEL A HAL)

I let my subscription lapse. It is a pretty good magazine, but the technical articles were most always about things that didn't apply to my particular situation.

I had a subscription back when it was a full color magazine. I enjoyed it, and picked up some good info from it. When the mag went to a black & white, newsletter format, I felt that I was not getting my moneys worth, & let my subscription expire. rolleyes.gif" border="0

I let my subsription expire a few years after the b/w format was adopted as well. I just didn't have time to read it at the time, and I'm likely to re-up soon. It was a good, focused read. <P>p.s. I assume we're talking about <I>Classic Auto Restorer</I> magazine.

It's been a while so I am depending on memory. The articles dealt with subjects that I had little interest in, much of the technical info was incorrect, and the cars featured were usually not particularly interesting to me. It is not Classic Auto Restorer.