1957 1958 Buick Caballero Wagon Parts

FireballV8

Hello Everyone

So I finally found a 1957 Buick Caballero to restore and bought it last Saturday, the car was apart and missing items and I need the following:

Tail gate hinge and all hardware and supports

Lift gate hardware and the supports

lift gate inner trim pieces (garnish mouldings)

Rear side window garnish mouldings

The rear seat it is a split seat and I have pieces of it, but missing a lot.

one Caballero badge off the rear door

The stainless trim off the roof and lift gate (the spears)

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Steve

Guest Rob McDonald

Hmm, we've got a parts car here with a "bent roof" and a $995 opening on eBay. No bids so far and 3 days left in the sale. Interesting to watch where this goes.

STEVE, if this car has what you need and is on the right side of the continent (south west Montana), $1000 wouldn't be outrageous, I guess. If it's always been a Montana car, there's a good chance it won't be terribly rusty. Please keep us posted as you get into your Caballero.

Hi Rob

I agree $1000 is a bit much since there would probably be $1200 shipping to California, I paid less for the one I bought and it is in pretty decent shape, but since it was a project bits and pieces are missing. I think I have to piece it together a few pieces at a time.

Thank You

Steve

Guest Rob McDonald

Still no bids and two days to go. Freman's Auto is a major old car wrecking yard, so if this wagon doesn't sell, they'd probably be happy to sell parts. If you're within a couple of days drive of Whitehall MT, just east of Butte, it'd be worth a very scenic trip to pull the parts you need, if the shop allows that. Trouble is, it's going to be winter 'round there for the next 3 or 4 months.

post-59990-143139298225_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
i have 2 liftgate shells from 57-58 buick wagons+xtra iterior garnish and ext stainless trim

pm me a list of specific parts u need

i need the side cargo glass for my project

san carlos,calif

Hi I am looking for a 57 Caballero liftgate shell. Mine has a nasty dent right at the top corner that is gonna be time consuming to fix. If you have a good shell, or know someone, that would be helpful. Thanks Dirk

• 1 year later...
I have a set of roof and liftgate stainless, the spears, in pretty good condition. Also the stainless that goes on before the roof rails (I think it is for a wagon). If interested, send me an email. Cheers. Michael.

Hi Michael, realize this post is kinda old but do you still have a complete set of 57 Buick Caballero Estate Wagon sweep spears and the 9 stainless strips (about 5' long each) for this car? What else do you have for this wagon? If so could you send a pic to me dirk.vanderhulst@gmail.com Thanks!

I have the glove box, assuming you are talking about the inner liner, not the outer door. It has had a piece broken off and glued back on, so I guess it depends on how badly you need one. $7.50 plus the postage if you want it.

I also have a lot of 1957 sweep spear moldings but they are not identified as to what cars they came off of. Probably have more than a whole set.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, Texas

post-32059-14314293193_thumb.jpg

post-32059-143142932639_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pete Phillips (see edit history)

I have the glove box, assuming you are talking about the inner liner, not the outer door. It has had a piece broken off and glued back on, so I guess it depends on how badly you need one. $7.50 plus the postage if you want it.

I also have a lot of 1957 sweep spear moldings but they are not identified as to what cars they came off of. Probably have more than a whole set.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, Texas

Thanks Pete,<o:p></o:p>

I am waiting to hear back from classicbuicks.com who mentioned that they may get the 57 glove box liners in Dec 2014. If it's negative I/m definitely interested; is it besides the re-glued part in sturdy shape?<o:p></o:p>

Re the 57 sweep spears I believe all 57 Buick 4-door models had the same design (correct me if I am wrong!). There should be 1 piece for the front fender, 1 piece for the front door, 2 pieces for the rear door (the v-shaped "spear point" which has a splice right in the point) and 1 piece for the rear fender. So for left and right 10 pieces total. If you look up any picture of a 57 Caballero on the internet it should be easy to figure out if you have those. If so could you shoot a picture to dirk.vanderhulst@gmail.com? Thanks Dirk<o:p></o:p>

• 3 months later...