1939 Roadmaster with dual sidemounts for sale, Ft. Worth, Texas

Pete Phillips

Here are some photos of the late David Corbin's 1939 Roadmaster which I have advertised for sale in the Nov. issue of the Bugle. The photos are of it currently in storage. The black & white photo, if you can open it, is one I took of it at the 1984 Indianapolis national meet. Not running, but will with some work (fuel system, battery, brakes). Has a new Hampton Coach interior and has been kept out of the weather and had good care until recently while David was not well. $14,500 as is, or I can bring it to my garage and get it up and running at additional cost. Will need battery and fuel system cleaned out at the least.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

39 Roadmaster_0002.pdf

post-32059-143139293488_thumb.jpg

39 Roadmaster back seat_0001.pdf

post-32059-1431392935_thumb.jpg

Guest Rob McDonald

PETE, what a beautiful car! I don't normally like accessory lights but those big lower lamps actually balance the rather top-heavy design of '39 Buicks. Your B&W photo didn't make it onto this post. Is this a Touring Sedan (with trunk) or a fastback Sport Sedan? Or, is it a Formal Sedan with divider glass? I really wanted one like that, when my kids were younger. And noisier.

1939 Roadmaster Sport Sedan, model 87 (ooo, I like that) and Touring Sedan, model 81. Child-friendly model 81-F Formal Sedan

post-59990-14313929352_thumb.jpg

post-59990-143139293526_thumb.jpg

post-59990-143139293533_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rob McDonald
one for the kids (see edit history)

Guest Rob McDonald

With all due respect, each of these Roadmaster variants is way more handsome than the too-long series 90 Limiteds. In my non-purchasing opinion.

Too-long? Sometime in the early 1990's I owned a '39 Model 90 Buick and a '39 Cadillac Model 75, both 140 inch WB'ers. That cured my desire for limo's for a while.

I do like the Model 81 Pete is showing. Interesting that the price is pretty close to the addition I am planning for my garage. Never enough space!

post-46237-143139293773_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

That '39 is still available, by the way. Unfortunately, I just learned that David Corbin's son, with whom I was working to get the car advertised and sold, died very suddenly this past weekend at the young age of 46. So, it will not be appropriate to do anything about the car for awhile. I just spoke to his sister, and the family is

still in shock--no advance warning or anything--he had not been ill--they think it must have been a heart attack or a stroke.

I do have many photos of the Roadmaster if anyone wants them, but we just won't be able to go see it for awhile until things get back to normal.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, Texas