What Is It And Where Does It Go On a 1957 Buick Super

421-6speed

I have 2-pieces of trim/covers that I am trying to identify for my 57' Super. Also I don't know if there is a bracket or something that the top ends of the grill bolt to as there is no place on the inner fenders that would accomodate this. See Pics. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Dan

post-82368-143139270513_thumb.jpg

post-82368-143139270514_thumb.jpg

The first picture of the green colored pieces look like the trim/vanity covers that bolt to the the door hinge. Here's a picture of one from 1956 Buick, one bolt holds it in place to the hinge.

Robert, Thanks for that information. Now I just need to figure out what the top ends of the grill bolt to?

Maybe this will help. The ends were not used. I hope you can see the door hinge covers.

Dan

Dan, Thanks for pointing out that the end grill holes were not used. I wondered if that was the case. A big thanks to all that helped me figure this stuff out...clap.gif

Man your car is gorgeous....

Edited by 421-6speed (see edit history)

I have no doubt that yours will be too. The '57 people on this forum are real thing, come here for questions, history, documention and even parts. I have been following you since your started on the v8 forum. I too have a Super two door Ht that I plan on really getting into next year. I am very interested in how the front disk brakes work out.

Dan

Dan

I have no doubt that yours will be too. The '57 people on this forum are real thing, come here for questions, history, documention and even parts. I have been following you since your started on the v8 forum. I too have a Super two door Ht that I plan on really getting into next year. I am very interested in how the front disk brakes work out.

Dan

Dan

Thanks Dan for the kind words. I would be happy to help out or answer any questions when you get started on that build. Dan