1930 Canadian Dodge Body Plate

dneivandt

I am working with several owners of 1930 and 1931 Canadian built Dodges to determine the wording on the body plate so that we can reproduce them correctly. I have attached three photos of the plate from various vehicles. The first plate is from a 1931 DG-8, the second two are from 1930 DC-8s. I believe the text on the 1930 tags reads :

M.DE.F. M.IND. RGTRDA.

DODGE BROTHERS CANADA LTD.

DIV. OF CHRYSLER CORP.

OF CANADA LTD.

WINDSOR, ONTARIO

MADE IN CANADA

TRADE MARK REGISTERED

I am not sure about several of the periods. The 1931 tag differs in that the third last line is WINDSOR, CANADA as opposed to WINDSOR, ONTARIO

The most troublesome wording is in the ring around the logo. I believe the top says DODGE BROTHERS, I do not know what the bottom says. If anybody has a readable plate I'd sincerely appreciate any help in confirming the text and determining what it says in the emblem.

post-72748-143139262957_thumb.jpg

post-72748-14313926296_thumb.jpg

post-72748-143139262963_thumb.jpg

I'm looking for the simiar plate for 1936 Canadian Dodge. If you or we can find readable copies I have a source that make this kind of name plate. I'd be happy to work with you to get some made, correct for whatever years you can find. I ran my request in another thread, as did a fellow looking or one for Canadian '36 DeSoto. Any help would be appreciated.

Jim