1934 Dodge pickup rear motor mount pictures wanted

GDenton

I am looking for pictures of the rear motor mounts. Someone tried to put a non stock engine in my truck, and there isn't a trace of the rear mounts. I have 39 plymouth pickup frame with the motor and mounts, and I thought it would be the same, I noticed the plymouth has the mounts bolted to the inside of the frame channel. The Dodge has a boxed in frame at that location, so I am thinking the plymouth mounts aren't going to work. Then I acquired a crossmember that had the brake master cylinder and clutch linkage attached. It is supposed to be off of a 33 dodge car. I was thinking it may work, but it just doesn't look right. Anyway, I need some pictures of what I need or the name of a book that I can locate that I can see what I need. There isn't another truck within a 100 miles of me that I can get to right now. Thanks.

Did you ever get copies of the parts manual or the service manual, does this help, if not maybe I can still come up with what you need

Im always coming up with new stuff so maybe if there was something you asked for in the past that I could not help with I can do so now

post-48869-143139260447_thumb.jpg

post-48869-14313926045_thumb.jpg

I have a parts book that gives a P/N 569843, and it's called a Rear Motor Support Crossmember. There are no pictures in the book to see what it actually looks like. Ian, thanks for taking some pictures for me, I'll be looking forward to seeing them. Thanks 1930 too.

I've attached quite a few photos for you. The rear engine mount ( bell housing ) sits on top ( bolts on ) of this little crossmember and the crossmember bolts directly to the underside of the gearbox crossmember. The rear bell housing basically just sits on this engine mount and floats around. The little crossmember is only about a foot and a half long if that. If you need me to get exact specs / measurements ...just yell and I'm happy to do that if this is what you are looking for.

Pic 7497 probably gives the best profile shot while pic 7499 gives the clearest shot of the rubber mount under the rear of the bell housing.

Cheers

Ian

post-44589-14313926204_thumb.jpg

post-44589-143139262042_thumb.jpg

post-44589-143139262044_thumb.jpg

post-44589-143139262046_thumb.jpg

post-44589-143139262048_thumb.jpg

post-44589-143139262051_thumb.jpg

post-44589-143139262053_thumb.jpg

post-44589-143139262055_thumb.jpg

post-44589-143139262057_thumb.jpg

post-44589-143139262058_thumb.jpg

post-44589-14313926206_thumb.jpg

Thanks Countrytravler....It looks like there is a big difference between the car and truck rear mounts. I don't have any of the pieces shown in your pictures. I didn't realize I was missing so many pieces. Thanks for the pictures, Looks like I may need to find a different frame that hasn't been altered so much...Thanks again, Guy

Guy the pict. I posted above is the truck frame you should be looking for, or at least one version, not sure of that particular tonnage. That pict. is from the truck salesmans handbook

Thanks Ian for the pictures, Now I have an idea what to look for. I hope the truck parts are the same as the car parts. Thanks again, Guy

Ian's pictures show the steady rest member and the steady rest insulator 389156, this along with two 600603 upper insulators (motor mounts) were used on 1933-34 Plymouth and Dodge 6, also 1934 Chrysler 6

Tom Hannaford, Auto Parts Cellar/Then and Now .. .can rebuild them.

Link-> http://www.maritimedragracing.com/HTMLobj-18312/PLYMWEbMounts-C-pdf.pdf

Dep5 what happened to your pictures and comments? I am really confused now. Anyone else have any pictures of a 34 pickup frame with the crossmembers that hold the rear motor mounts? thanks, Again, Guy

Countrytravler posted the pics of the 33 Dodge and if you really have a 1934 frame it would look same but since you may have just have a bare cab body and are mounting it on an unknown frame then you must determine the frame/engine number before anyone can offer any useful advise as to what will be correct. The model number will emerge once you determine the frame info.

Edited by dep5 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I haven't had time to work on it at all. Christmas, winter storm that tipped over 6 100 year old apple trees to clean up, and relatives visiting, just no time. The pictures you sent are great and I appreciate them. Ican see that my bell housing out of a 39 plymouth PU isn't going to work, so now I will be looking for an bell housing and transmission for the right year. Thanks again, Guy

• 8 years later...

I have only recently discovered this informative site, as I am in Australia .I am rebuilding the mechanicals of a 1934 Plymouth , and have difficulty in locating the 3 rubber engine mounts at the rear of the engine - one under the gearbox and the 2 in the upper bell housing area .The pictures on this forum has explained exactly where they are located .

1. Can these upper rubber mounts be fitted with the engine in the car ?

2. Supply of these parts in OZ is very scarce . Can someone recommend a reliable supplier in the US where these parts can be sourced ?

Your help will be much appreciated.

Regards

Richard