I'm having a problem guys

bbbbbb9

I've been parusing the forum for a while, often while doing a google search for a part of some info and aaca comes up as result. I have to say, I've noticed a decidely harsh view on folks who do anything but a full restoration of their car. Heck, one guy used a grill one year later and was politely called to task. ????????

Here's my deal. My car was once hopped up. It's missing some rather expensive parts and quite a few. I also don't excreate cash and my car hobby is one of DIY and the Yankee way.

Also, my intentions are stock for quite a bit but not 100%. If I hadn't bought it it probably would have a Mustang II front end by now and a small block Chevy

Have I stumbled onto the wrong forum here?

Thanks in advance

This site is dedicated to the restoration of or keeping a car original. Some of us have some non-original iron, myself not excluded.

You dont have to excrete cash to do an original restoration but instead would need patience and determination.The parts are avail. without breaking the bank.

I am not saying you will be ignored, most people that post here love old cars period and are here to help in any way they can but again this site is dedicated ( last time I checked ) to original stuff, there are hundreds of other sites that cater to the modifications.

There are some losers that hang around on this site out of boredom, ( no screenames mentioned but you know who you are :) ) that will wish you to continue posting your mod questions but again you may not have the best of luck getting the answers you are looking for, it all depends on what sort of mods you are referring too I would guess.

Overdrive in a tranny or changing out the gears in the rear end or adding a second taillight are certainly not so extreme that anyone is going to ignore you, ( in my opinion )small block chevys with tunnel rams or blowers prob. will get you a quick pass to the principals office.

Steve you have 126 posts and I did a search this A.M to see what you could possibly be inferring too, I see no question ignored and I dont think there is a single person on this site that could possibly have anything negative to say about your car or anything you have chosen to do with it.

I am quite sure most of us wish we were in your shoes when it comes to where are projects sit.

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

bbbbbb9: We can very much appreciate your efforts to save your '36 from the rodder! Excellent choice. I think we also can appreciate the fact that you are starting at a decided disadvantage. It sounds as though your car had some frame modifications in the front to drop in a larger engine, some changes to the suspension both in the back and front, changes to the steering configuration, interior parts altered and door mechanisms removed. This is quite a list to overcome BUT we are here to help you find the parts and obtain the knowledge to get your Dodge back to "normal". We also know that you are starting with a handicap considering parts that are missing on your car that are normally there, like the crossmembers for the motor mounts, etc.

So, I would think that as long as you are on the path to restoring your car to its rightful engineering, we are here to help. If you give up and should decide to go back to rodding it, I think you will find us giving up too. It is just what the AACA and the DBC are all about.

Keep those questions coming!

I agree that this site is for the general preservation as close as you can afford to the original but as you have suggested sometimes bank accounts, time and what you start with also plays an important part. All I can say is do the best you can and we'll all watch with interest. I just love old cars and the range of restorations that take place. I for one will watch with interest with what you do.

cheers

ian

ps.....my avatar is still small !!!!!

I'm in Tucson AZ. The screen name is a holdover for me. When I first began using the internet about 10 years ago I registered on a Sports forum and I couldn't for the life of me think of a name so I entered this name. Now being registered on tons of sites it's great to only have to remember iderations of this.