Finned Aluminum Valve Covers

Don McClair

Has anyone purchased the reproduction finned aluminum valve covers from Clark's Corvair Parts for the 401/425 Nail Head engines? If you have, how is their quality? I ordered a set from Original Parts Group and theirs was so bad that I returned them. :mad: OPG's description is that they have a textured finish and painted for uniform appearance. That finish appeared to be hiding a lot of flaws.

Thanks guys

I don't think I've EVER heard ONE good thing about OPG. Sad.

I was thinking the exact same thing Rob. It is sad. Seems they may be worse than I even thought. I remember a few years ago when many were anticipating the release of the long promised OPGI Riviera catalog like Christmas morning. Guess Santa only brought coal.

As far the covers from Clarks, one thing is for sure you can call them and ask questions, ask for more info, pics etc. They may even be able to provide a reference from someone who purchased them if no buyers respond here.

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)

OK Riviera People: I often wondered about OPG. I have heard horrible things on this forum, including my own disappointing experience. Are their standards that low? The Chevy people must keep them going I guess. Would someone have an explanation for their poor quality? I would buy tons of stuff from them, if they had good stuff. Clarks seem to be a reputable outfit. All the stuff I got from them seems to be A-OK. Also, because these covers seem to be in short supply aren't their any alternatives? Mitch

Thanks to all who have responded. I have done business with Clark's Corvair in the past and have been very pleased with their people on the phone and also their products. I ordered a seat cover back for my Riviera in dark green and was very pleased with the quality and that it matched the rest of the upholstery. Another member send me a PM that he might have a spare set and is checking. If he doesn't I will contact Clark's.