Buick interior cost

Guest SmarT

Hello. I am looking at a 36 Buick 4 door trunk-back sedan for sale at the moment and the interior is all there but is in quite a mess and so I wanted to see if you all could give me an idea of about how much it might cost to get the interior redone. Thank you for the help

In my view your best bet is Hampton Coach. They can sell you the material and you could have a local guy install. I hate to mention price but I think your looking at a minimum of $5,000 to $ 8,000. It could be more. I have not done an interior install on my cars for quite awhile.

A gentleman I know in my home town owns a 1936 Special. He did a complete interior install, it came close to that amount about five years ago.

xp300 is on target for $$$. Hampton Coach kits aren't cheap. They use good materials, but the stuff I've gotten from them needed considerable adjustment, so if you don't have upholstery skills, hire somebody (as I did). About $4K-$4.5K for the kit, another $3K (or more) for the install. You might want to ask around to see if there's anyone locally who does antique car upholstery from scratch. At Hampton Coach's prices, it wouldn't be hard to get it done cheaper. They do sell their fabrics in bulk.

SmarT,

If you were to provide your general area, I am sure forum members can suggest some local shops. Unless I am wrong, if you will need to hire a professional to do the fitting, I suggest you have the interior shop purchase the raw materials and have them do the cutting and sewing, etc. This is usualy a bit less costly then to purchase a kit and then have to change it to fit.

John

If you take into account the cloth, padding, windlace, door panels, carpet, binding, etc plus the labor to take apart your original interior for patterns assuming it's good enough to do this, I know we couldn't scratch build your interior for what a kit costs. Buy the kit and have a pro install it. In our experience most kits require some modification to fit properly but it's usually minor.

xp300 is on target for $$$. Hampton Coach kits aren't cheap. They use good materials, but the stuff I've gotten from them needed considerable adjustment, so if you don't have upholstery skills, hire somebody (as I did). About $4K-$4.5K for the kit, another $3K (or more) for the install. You might want to ask around to see if there's anyone locally who does antique car upholstery from scratch. At Hampton Coach's prices, it wouldn't be hard to get it done cheaper. They do sell their fabrics in bulk.

I think mine will stay original for a few years.

Tom

Dave,

My car has been sitting for 20 years and I am now in the process of installing newly rebuilt front end parts, so I do not have any recent photos of it. But here is the original sales slip for it. I have other original papers is anyone is interested.

Tom

post-86558-143139198756_thumb.jpg

Guest dkhunt

I've got a '36 I'm working on putting back together. Unfortunately it doesn't have the family history that your car has. That is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest outlaw car man

post-54015-143139200675_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone for all the input. It certainly helps me make a more informed decision. Oh, and I'm in Parker, Colorado.

I had my 1933 90 done in Fort Collins, Co by Jerry's . We bought the material from SMS and had it done there. The 90 is a different animal then yours, so cost wouldn't mean much. You are welcome to PM me for more details if needed, I'm just down the road in Fort Collins

Sandy

SmarT

I had the seats (back rest and bench) done on my '40 LTD by Bainbridge in Salida Colorado. After I bought the "Bedford Cord" material from LeBaron-Bonny, and paid for just the upholster job, since I took the seats out and did the reinstall, the total cost was $660.00.

I can vouch for the fine job on Sandy's '33. Been to his upholsterer and seen OCM's car. A great piece of work.......

Mike in Colorado