Good cheap flannel car cover???

airbrushguy

Guest outlaw car man

I use our old flannel sheets, if they get a little raggy, I tell my wife and she buys another set. Best Price.com or something like that. A set fits over a 1933 90 anyway.

OCM

I sell the Covercraft line of covers. We have the flannel covers, but I am not a fan. The assumption is the nice soft flannel will protect the paint, however very few owners ever wash their cover and the flannel side is ideal for collecting dirt (and grit) a unwashed flannel cover is probably the last thing you want on your car. Newer materials that have a slick back are less likely to collect dirt and in almost all cases, they let less dust and dirt thru the material to get on the paint.

When I started selling covers 30 years back, we had two fabrics......today there are 14. it is much harder to make a choice today.

For comparison, I can sell you a 2 year warranty Multibond cover that is a custom fit for your car for $144.95 including shipping within the US.

This is the least expensive custom fit material on the market. If anyone has question on materials, fits and prices, please contact me.

To Barney,

I have a 1927 Buick woodie wagon which was made in 1927 out of a Model 27-27 Standrard four door sedan. Can you get a custom made cover by measurements?? Thanks for any help. Steve

I sell the Covercraft line of covers. We have the flannel covers, but I am not a fan. The assumption is the nice soft flannel will protect the paint, however very few owners ever wash their cover and the flannel side is ideal for collecting dirt (and grit) a unwashed flannel cover is probably the last thing you want on your car. Newer materials that have a slick back are less likely to collect dirt and in almost all cases, they let less dust and dirt thru the material to get on the paint.

When I started selling covers 30 years back, we had two fabrics......today there are 14. it is much harder to make a choice today.

For comparison, I can sell you a 2 year warranty Multibond cover that is a custom fit for your car for $144.95 including shipping within the US.

This is the least expensive custom fit material on the market. If anyone has question on materials, fits and prices, please contact me.

Lov2box, Covercraft has over 60,000 existing custom patterns. The last print-out of old car patterns did not show a pattern for your '37 Lincoln, my reference book list it as a 354-A and there were only 48 made. However if that body was shared (I see there is a 354-B 3 window) the body size, contour, and lines would be the same and we might have an existing pattern. Please send me an email with your phone number and we can talk.

Old26Buick, doing a new pattern for the '27 Buick is not a problem. I have done several specials and they are much more interesting than standard covers. A couple specials I remembers..... a fellow in Dallas was in the trucking business and had restored a '52 Mack tractor like he started in business with. We made a cover that covered the cab/hood but not the 5th wheel/rear axel. Another special was a early Rolls-Royce Pick-up cover for a fellow in Boone NC. He was in the hardwood business and had found this vehicle that was made for the NY City RR dealer to pick up parts etc.

Here is a link to most of the dimension sheets that we use to start a custom cover. Go down the list until you find a vehicle that has the shape of yours ( a 20's sedan delivery, or just a 20's 4 dr ) the cover does not care how many windows in the car, just the shape and we add the dimensions. Custom Pattern Dimension Sheets - Covercraft Car Covers

Pattern 103 is for a Depot Hack and would be a good place to start.

If any of you have a vehicle that you have been unable to find a cover, please contact me and I will tell you the options.

Barney@texas.net

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)