Engine Paint Recommendations

JayG

I am detailing the engine of my 25 Roadster and I bought a spray can of engine paint from Myers. I'm a little concerned about using i though. It is merely a PlastiKote Universal Blend and nowhere does it mention use in high temp engine areas.

Has anybody used it and does it hold up? If not what paints can you recommend? I'm not looking to do this again so I want to get it right the first time.

Thanks, Jay

Hi Ian,

We have those too but this is a custom blend color which is suposed to be correct for 1925. I just want to make sure it will stand up as an engine paint.

Jay

I have never purchased paint from Myers but I am sure that if they say its the stuff to use they would not steer you wrong

As the sprays usually tend to be a bit thinner than brush on I find that it helps to spray a light covering coat of high temp light gray primer (engine paint) 1st.The top coat will cover with less coats (saving money) and without the un-natural build up look you sometimes get trying to get complete coverage. I have experienced this with Ford red and Chevy orange which are somewhat transparent. I haven't painted my DB yet (Meyers spray) so I don't know how it covers....but I will prime 1st. My 2 cents for what its worth.

Edited by Texacola (see edit history)