1937 Buick Century Stolen 2 days ago please help pass the word....

Guest Jamie A

Guest Jamie A

Guys I'm sad to say my first post my restored 1937 Buick Century was stolen two days ago in Fort Worth Texas. I was interviewed on the nationwide news yesterday after which they broadcast it on the 5 o'clock and 6 o'clock news. Please pass the word around so we can bring who did this to justice and return my car. I feel like a family member has been taken from me. If you see this car please call the local police. Vin 63244786 texas classic tag GC94ML

2057c.jpg

Jamie. You've come to the right place I am sure that everyone that reads this will be on the lookout for this car. Especially our brothers and sisters in the Fort Worth area. Keep your chin up its a beautiful car.

Frank

Guest my3buicks

Jamie, Sorry to hear!! If you have not done so already, i would also post it on the AACA General forum - the more eyes that see it the better.

Wow Sorry to hear the terrible news. Someone must have really wanted it as I wouldn't think that'd be an easy car to steal without attracting attention. Please post the details of how it was stolen as it may help others prevent a similar occurence. Did they tow it away? Where was it parked? No witnesses I suppose.

Guest RainierHooker

That sucks. It has been posted on the HAMB (how I found it) and I'll be sure to pass it along any way that I can think of, eventhough I'm 2000 miles away...

A member at V8Buick.com just sent me this;

I can't post on the AACA Board, but you might let him know to check out Mecum Auction in Dallas this week, and possibly let the people @ Mecum Know.

I will be at the sale starting Wednesday, & will keep an eye out for it.

Mecum has closed ALL entries do to lack of space, but someone might try to get it in the sale, if they don't know that.

Nice looking car, hate to hear some jerk has their hands on it.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a note I got from a V8Buick.com member. He went to the Mecum auction in Texas last week;

I looked ALL Over the Sale, No sign of that car. Nothing even close, other than a Coupe from a Large collection, & a Custom Convertible from Rick Hendrick's Collection.

Sorry, but at least we know it wasn't there, and that None of the carriers there had it either.

JR

Guest Huggybear58

I hope you find this car. I hope they castorate the pearson who stole it also!

I would be checking Houston and Galvesten and all sea ports with-in 1500 miles also. If you know any longshoreman, you may want to pass it on to look in the containers. Bet it is headed overseas! This really stinks. I am going to put a low jack system on all my cars. Too many have just vanished lately and Buicks are a big target right now for overseas buyers.