1964 Electra Parts

trafalger

Hi all,

I'm trying to find a few parts for my 64 Electra 225

I'm looking for the era correct wheel covers for the car ( x4) and I need to find the silver plastic dash knob for the wiper controls and also a "slider" cover for the courtesy features in the middle of the dash. Just the plastic pieces.

Any clues on where I should look?

The local pull-a-part didn't have anything older than 80s.

Guest wildcat455

You are confusing me, I think those "plastic bits" you are looking for are diecast. I don't think I have a spare washer knob but have a set of knobs for controls and can probably spare some hubcaps.

Are the wiper knobs for a '64 Electra and a '63 Riviera the same? If so, I'm parting out a 63 Riv. I think the knob and button are both there (haven't seen the car that closely for a while.) Does the Electra have wipers with windshield washers? I know the washers were optional on some models.

Ed

Are the wiper knobs for a '64 Electra and a '63 Riviera the same? If so, I'm parting out a 63 Riv. I think the knob and button are both there (haven't seen the car that closely for a while.) Does the Electra have wipers with windshield washers? I know the washers were optional on some models.

Ed

I know I can turn on the wipers buy turning the little bolt on the dash switch. It has two speeds, not sure about washers. I assume the knob would just fit over the small rod and down over the hex bolt that i turn with my finger, basically doing the same thing but just with a nice chrome finish.

When stating that the car did not have the switch, I guess I was trying to insinuate that without a switch, there were no knobs. I bought a washer push knobe from a same era Buick Special one time. I thing Buick probably used the same knobs on lots of models in the same years.

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Guest 64 225 C0nvertible

I have several dash parts left from parts cars, let me know what you need and I might have them. I do have a lot of the switch buttons. I am on Virginia's Eastern Shore. Tom

Joseph,

The wheels pictures in post #20 will not fit your '64 Electra. The pictured wheels have the 4-3/4" bolt circle, your Electra has a 5" bolt circle. The 4-3/4" wheels are for the smaller intermediate sized cars. One really easy way to tell the difference is that the intermediate car wheels are two piece wheels - separate center welded to a rim, the ones you want are one piece - no seperation between the center and the rim. Most of the 65 - 70 rims that you'll find will have a register ring in them which will need to be removed, and they will only be 6" rims. (Except for Estate Wagon wheels, ALL buick rally wheels are 6") When you measure rim width, you measure inside the rim where the tire bead sets, not across the outside. Wheels should be stamped inside as to whether they are 6" or 7"

71 and later Rally wheels will fit, but they have a different look to them. The hub where the center cap fits sticks out beyond the face of the rim. Study some pictures on Google images of "Buick Rally Wheels" and you'll begin to see all the differences.

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

my rims are fro 66 67 68 lesabres wildcats and mid 70's full size buicks like electras. i think mine have the short snout that does not go past the rim. if you like i can toss a few in my wagon and trailer and we can meet in ral and you try them on your car. i do have 2 sets on my 73 and 75 electra's