New needle and seat

Guest namvetschrysler

Guest namvetschrysler

Yes i know carbking is very helpful and always has great advice but i am pretty sure he does not have any BB1 bits for sale

There are nine different needles and seats used in the various BB-1 carburetors. We make them all; but the needle and seat is a component of a rebuilding kit. Once the correct identification number is provided, the correct kit with the correct needle and seat can be provided.

In the case of the original poster, the major issue would be shipping. United Parcel Service to Australia is not inexpensive.

Jon.

There are nine different needles and seats used in the various BB-1 carburetors. We make them all; but the needle and seat is a component of a rebuilding kit. Once the correct identification number is provided, the correct kit with the correct needle and seat can be provided.

In the case of the original poster, the major issue would be shipping. United Parcel Service to Australia is not inexpensive.

Jon.

For customers outside the US, US mail is preferable. Not too expensive, and it avoids customs brokers hassles and expense. I live in Canada and always request that sellers mail things if possible. If not possible I think twice about buying.

Guest namvetschrysler

Yes Rusty you are spot on, i have found that standard US mail is economical and is just as fast if the item is small

From a buyer's point of view, the mail is less expensive than UPS.

From the seller's point of view, a cheaper carrier is NOT cheaper if problems arise. We have some horrible results trying to save Canadians money by use of the US mail. Never again.

Jon.

And back to the original topic and the difficulty in providing parts once the identification tag is removed. To identify a BB carburetor (assuming Dr. Goodpliers has not "married" several to make one) one needs the answers to the following:

(1) center to center mounting bolt spacing

(2) number of screws holding together the two castings

(3) the lower casting will be either cast iron or zinc alloy

(4) does the throttle shaft extend perhaps an inch on BOTH sides of the throttle body

(5) is the venturi pinned to the throttle body or held in place by the castings with two round gaskets

(6) is there a flat rod from the choke arm to the throttle arm

(7) does the unit have an adjustable main metering jet

(8) what is the configuration of the fuel valve where the fuel line attaches: female pipe, female inverted flare, male pipe

(9) is the fuel delivery system pressure or gravity feed

The answers to ALL of the above may not positively identify the unit, but will identify it enough to get the correct rebuilding kit.

Jon.