1201-819 wooden frame problem

Volk

Hi, I am from Russia.

I'm new here and I am a fan of the brand Packard, especially pre-war model. Now I am restoring 1201-819 and I have a problem with a wooden frame, wear is only 30%:(, all the rest is either rotten or missing, and it is impossible to restore the frame without schemes. So I am in great need of wooden parts schemes for this car.

Please, help me to find the schemes.

Victor

A 1201-819 is a convertible coupe. Your wood body framing would be the same as the '32 and '33 Convertible Coupes except for the '32 900 and the '33 1001 which are smaller bodies. We can help you with any parts or bows you might need for your convertible top assembly but we do not have patterns for the body framing. You likely will not be able to find drawings for the body wood. Contact Gene Irvine in Ohio. He used to reproduce all the wood for this body, maybe he still does. 937-273-4381. Good luck!

Brain cramp. Of course you are correct. 9th, 10th and 11th series are all the same. '35 is entirely different. Apparently I typed before my mind was in gear. Answer remains basically the same though. Doubtful you'll find measured drawings for the wood in a '35 either. Less wood in a '35 I believe, which is good. Apologies for the confusion.

• 3 months later...
Guest ray17025

You are not going to find any measured drawings, and even if you do, (I have some) they are basically useless. We can not recreate the bodies the same way that they were originally made. It is just reverse engineering. Imagine a shoe cut into quarters, and then being asked to recreate a foot. It is not rocket science, just A LOT of trial and error. I have a 1928 sedan that I am rebuilding (slowly). Either fix the body before you take it off the frame, or totally rebuild the frame before you start the body - I got a little crazy and tried to do them both at the same time, unsuccessfully. Now, the body sits until the frame is done. And I return from another deployment.