WENOL metal polish

Guest danceswithpumps

Guest danceswithpumps

I talked with a guy yesterday at a car show that used this to polish his bumper on his rusted model A Ford car. He was afraid he would need to replate but used this 3 times and results were gr8! Thi0804121451.jpgs product is fro Hamburg, Germany. I think it might be worth trying on stainless trim on pumps and my old car.

0804121451.jpg

0804121450a.jpg

%7Boption%7Dhttp://i931.photobucket

Love that stuff. I use the one to polish brass and copper. I have four brass candlesticks and I have used it to polish them to a very high shine. I only handle them with soft fabric gloves on so that no finger prints get on them to damage the brass. The shine stays on for months. You can polish an old penny and the reflection is amazing once it is buffed with a soft cloth.

I think the red tube WENOL is a little more aggressive than the blue was. The blue tube was a white rouge type compound designed for finish buffing to high polish on stainless and aluminum, but white rouge also works well on brass.

I've also used a cream polish called Blue Magic that I liked a lot, but I can't find that anymore either. For general purpose polishing around the house, I've used NOXON on brass doodads. I get it at an antique mall I frequent, and I think it's what our church's Brass Brigade uses on all the brasswork around the pulpit and altar.

Guest danceswithpumps

Thanks guys. I ordered me the red tube from Amazon.com. Got to watch the rip offs on the shipping. One seller was asking $6.95 for a tube and right before I hit the enter key to buy it I noticed that they were going to tack on $14.95 for shipping and handling. How "tacky" is that? Looking forward to using it on my 1930 Dodge DA bumpers and trim.