Syracuse Nationals

Bill Clark

In 20+ years of car shows, I've never been to the Syracuse show. There has always been a conflict. Besides, it was Hot Rods. Last years three day attendance was more than 7500 cars. Friends have been telling me I should go, so I put my bigotry aside, strapped down my Fiat and went up this morning. Although there were some cars that made me uneasy such as a rodded out prewar Packard, I was pleasantly surprised by the number of different cars and by the restored to original cars. The local AACA club had a great display in one of the buildings. It is the biggest car show I have ever been to with cars scattered all over the NY State fair grounds in no order. When you wander and look at cars you can find restored originals, rat rods, factory prototypes, kit cars and survivors, all together. And people having a good time. I took a few snap shots of cars that rocked my boat.

Slideshow of pictures, photos, and videos, from webshots

Enjoy

Bill

Nice collection of photos, glad you had a good time. Is the FIAT Topolino yours? I've never seen one with the later front fenders and hood, is the body the same as earlier ones? Bob

Bob, I vaguely remember seeing that Fiat in the car corral at Hershey last year--have to look and see if I have a photo of it...

Ditto the thanks to Bill for the great shots!!!

Wow! A twin. I could not make it to Hershey last year and none of my friends reported this sighting. The car at Hershey was not my car and in my humble opinion is in better shape than mine. Not sure if the Hershey car has an engine, but mine is all original and mostly all shot. Mine has a bit of hidden rust. This one has the correct front parking lights and probably the rears. The grill is in better shape. And the Hershey one was right hand drive. Mine came from New Zealand and is left hand drive. What a treat to find another like mine.

And yes, the car in the Syracuse Gallery I posted was mine. My non AACA friends had only talked about the hot rods and motorized Coke Coolers at this show and did not mention that groups like The Oneida Lake Region brought some properly restored wheels. From what I heard, I thought my Fiat would be more appreciated that some of my other trailer princesses so that's what I took. As I noted before, this was a great show and will be on my agenda for a while.

Bill

ClownCar3s.jpg