Container Ship Ablaze in the Atlantic. Any Collector Cars Aboard?

DLynskey

The large container ship Flaminia has been burning for a couple of days in the mid-Atantic and has been abandoned by its crew. It's a German ship that left Charleston, SC July 8 bound for Antwerp, Belgium. I would guess it's loaded with BMW's from Greenville/Spartanburg. I hope no one lost any collector cars.

Don

Edited by West Peterson (see edit history)

Somewhere in seafaring superstition it says that it's bad luck to rename a ship.

Like the QE2 ,Enterprise, Ranger, Saratoga, Hornet, Yorktown, Lexington ?, and many, many U.S. Submarines like Nautilus to just name one.

Edited by helfen (see edit history)

Studemax,

You know, I hadn't even noticed my error and I had to look several times to see it even after you pointed it out. It's a container ship, a very large one. Sorry, but the forum doesn't allow one to correct the title of a thread.

Don

Like the QE2 ,Enterprise, Ranger, Saratoga, Hornet, Yorktown, Lexington ?, and many, many U.S. Submarines like Nautilus to just name one.

I believe they were talking about a ship changing hands (ownership) and being renamed. Not the reuse of a name on a new ship.