Mystery Studebaker race car?

Guest stude8

Guest stude8

A friend forwarded me some images of a Studebaker race car "clone" of about 1932 vintage. Does anyone know about this car? What engine does it have under the hood? It looks to be a well done replica of the 1930's era but since all the known 1932-33 Studebaker factory cars do exist already restored this one is a mystery. A bldg in back ground has markings that relate to Scottsdale, AZ.

Stude8

post-31139-143139099889_thumb.jpg

post-31139-143139099878_thumb.jpg

I posted about this on the SDC Forum, no answers yet on who owns it. I just cross-posted the question in the AACA General Discussion forum to see if anyone non-Studebaker oriented might know the owner. Some mystery, no one has mentioned this car before!

Here's another photo I found on line [photo by J Vowell, thank you]:

post-47871-143139101353_thumb.jpg

There is nothing on this car except the name and radiator badge that is Studebaker. Engine is a Buick Straight Eight and drive train is, if I recall, a '30s Graham. I have the owners name around somewhere but he lives in the Scottsdale/Tempe area. Drives it to work!

• 3 years later...
Guest Rich Heinrich

There are actually several '31 Studebaker parts, including steering gear, front axle, and the frame cross members.

All the running gear except the engine and front axle is '34 Graham. Brakes and steering knuckles are '34 Graham.

The engine is a small series Buick straight 8.

Engine and wheels came from Big Horn Bob's junkyard.