How is the Fall Carlisle Show

grubin

I havent been to Carlisle is a few years and was wondering peoples feeling about the swap meet. Is it the same as lets say 5 years ago I would go regulary from the 80's-2000's but its been awhile Any advice Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in answering about the Carlisle show. If your interest lies in later year collectibles, say 1960-70's, it is an ok show. Lots of car corral and swap spaces are nothing more than parking spaces. Nothing like HERSHEY. Just my opinion!

I agree with tentar, the majority of stuff is later model items but last year I found a real nice rear inner fender dirt shield for our 48 ford for $5.00. If you are close enough and it isn't raining it's better than work. One could probably buy all the pieces for say 57 chevy or early camaro and put it together in one of the parking lots.

Jay

Sorry for the delay in answering about the Carlisle show. If your interest lies in later year collectibles, say 1960-70's, it is an ok show. Lots of car corral and swap spaces are nothing more than parking spaces. Nothing like HERSHEY. Just my opinion!

Funny how different folks have different perceptions. I haven't missed either for a few decades; and Hershey has many more "parking lot spaces" than Carlisle. A few years ago, the Carlisle management began the difficult task of weeding out the inappropriate vendors (socks, trinkets, etc.) and started checking to make sure vendor spaces were actually being used. The result is turn-over in the use of the spaces and more auto-related stuff for buyers to peruse. Fall Carlise, functioning as a staging area for Hershey, has loads of antique car parts and is a can't miss on my calendar. Of course, as a vendor at Hershey there is nothing like it. But I see loads of spaces with token or no effort made at vending; and no lack of cheap tool vendors operating outside written guidelines. One thing is for sure: when you arrive at my spaces- expect to see the maximum amount of antique car and truck parts you can shove into 2 spaces. Don't miss either event-life is too short.

• 1 month later...

At the very least, Fall Carlisle is an appetizer for those going to Fall Hershey, and makes for a nice opener to the doubleheader of old car fun as the season winds down. Nothing compares to Fall Hershey, but both Spring and Fall Carlisle are must-do if at all possible. It is big enough that you can walk past the stuff that is of no interest, and still find enough that is of interest to make it very worthwhile.

As an aside, I don't mind people advertising for what they have to offer, and if it's of benefit to those who read it. I do find it mildly annoying when there is a thread devoted to a subject, and a blatant plug is stuck in on several different threads. Start your own thread, say what you've got to say ONE TIME on ONE THREAD there, and let the chips fall where they may. Sorry for the rant...