63 Riv Somebody Give me an "I"

Guest Steeleco

Guest Steeleco

Hello,

Does anybody know where I can purchase the "BUICK" chrome emblem that goes on the trunk lid of a 63 Riviera? They are seperate letters and I am actually missing the "I". When I bougth the car someone stuck on a smaller "I" as the original is gone. Thanks again all.

Steele Cooper

One of you who went to the ROA in Monterey might be able to help. There was a booth at the meet manned by a gentleman who had all sorts of emblems, etc. for sale. I didn't get his name. He was on the opposite end of the room from the guys from CARS. If someone can remember who this guy was, I'm betting that he'll have the emblems that Steele is looking for.

Ed

Not rare unless you loose one or buy a car which has been stripped of them. But, nice to have a 2nd set just in case. They are rare in the sense that only in '63 are the B_U_I_C_K letters found on the body; other years use Riviera Script or letters. "63's also used Buick emblems on the hood, and in the tail lights lenses. The could be the same as the letters used on the other big car models.

Ed

Steele-I need the same letter. For the first few years I drove my 63 around without the "I" and people seriously told me they've never heard of a car made by BUCK. All the 63s I found in junkyards were missing the same letter I. I finally found a complete set at CTC Autoranch but you have to buy the whole set for $15 each letter and they were sort of pitted and skanky. I'm painting my car this Fall and I wouldn't put those on a freshly painted car. For now...I just pulled the remaining ones out...so it's a no-brand car. Let us know what you find. I'm interested in a source for nice originals or a brand new set. Thx PRL