1968 LeSabre conv. with nearly every possible option. $7500 in Texas

Pete Phillips

I am still helping the family of my recently deceased friend sell his cars. I drove down to his place today and got more and better photos of the '68 LeSabre convertible. It runs well, has a 350 V-8, 4-bbl. carb., and 114,000 miles. The list of factory options on this car is as long as your arm, and longer than you would find on most Electras: LeSabre 400 package; power steering; power brakes; power seat (6-way); power door locks; power radio antenna (not working); Am/FM radio; power windows (they all work but slowly); tilt steering wheel; remote trunk release (vacuum hose has a leak , so it needs a new hose to work); Buick tri-shield rubber trunk mat; factory A/C (needs a new dash switch and probably freon); front cornering lights; power convertible top works fine; wire wheel covers. Did I forget anything? Probably.

I pulled up the trunk mat and trunk floor is solid as a rock, no rust. Engine needs new valve cover gaskets (they leak) and a good detailing. Car starts right up and runs fine, no smoke from the exhaust. There is a slight transmission fluid leak on the garage floor, so might need a new pan gasket, or it might seal up with some driving. The car has sat in the garage for years. Paint is faded and has lots of chips on the door edges and was not a good repaint to begin with, so a new quality paint job would do wonders for this car. The only rust I saw was two pea-sized bubbles in bottom front corner of passenger door. Floors are rock solid and there are no dents that I can see. Ted had owned this car since 1995, and it came from Fort Worth before that. It is currently licensed with '68 year-of-manufacture plates. You might be able to drive it home, but I would advise against that as this car has been sitting for a long time and probably needs new belts and hoses at a minimum. Tires have plenty of tread but I don't know how old they are. Asking $7500. Contact me for more photos or to submit offers to the family. Clean it up and put a quality paint job on it, and you will have one of the finest, most highly optioned '68 LeSabre convertibles in the world! The '58 Super 4-dr. hardtop is also still available.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

post-32059-14313909053_thumb.jpg

post-32059-143139090552_thumb.jpg

post-32059-143139090572_thumb.jpg

post-32059-143139090592_thumb.jpg

post-32059-143139090612_thumb.jpg

post-32059-143139090632_thumb.jpg

post-32059-143139090651_thumb.jpg

That paint looks pretty good in the photos. The 350 4 barrel ought to be a great tour drivetrain, getting 17mpg in normal cruising. And a person could not restore a similar car for anything close to that cost.

Stuart if you buy this 1968 I promise not to tell. ;)

I know I can trust you Rooster - but this one looks like it is staying close to home. Would have been a great ride for me and the boys heading for South Bend next year, and for Mr Earl to drive at the Nationals here in the West in 2014, if he could manage to keep it on the right side of the road that is!!