Door switches question.

Guest Gseago

Guest Gseago

Has anyone had their door switches rebuilt by Mr.Paul Meltzer who has an ad the Services section in the back of the Riview? How happy were you with the work he performed and what was his turnaround time?

When in place, the door jamb switches are covered by a rubber boot. Unless you've wanting someting different, polishing/plating wouldn't be necessary. I'm betting that he at least cleans them up so that they make a good ground with the body. The three wires are all hot and the base of the switch grounds to the door jamb.

Ed

Be sure to check with him before you send these off. I was ready to send mine to him a couple years ago. Emailed him for an address. Two days later he responds that he wasn't going to fix any more of these for several months. His ad is back in the Riview, and I haven't contacted him since, so he may be back.

Guest Gseago
Be sure to check with him before you send these off. I was ready to send mine to him a couple years ago. Emailed him for an address. Two days later he responds that he wasn't going to fix any more of these for several months. His ad is back in the Riview, and I haven't contacted him since, so he may be back.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll do that.

I had Paul do my door jamb switches. I thought he did a good job. I think they were back in a few days. He did note that my switches were not in great shape and needed more than just new contacts. One of the switches didn't work well at first, so I took apart and reassembled and it works well now. If I had another set of better switches, I wouldn't hesitate to send them to Paul for new contacts.

Guest Kingoftheroad

X2 what CheezeMan said.

Had my door jamb switches redone by Paul, he did a great job & got them back to me quickly.

My door jamb switches still work great after all this time !!

Guest Gseago

I just wanted to let everyone know I spoke to Mr.Meltzer and he is still repairing door jamb switches.