Water Pump Rebuilding

hursst

Can anyone recommend a reliable water pump rebuilder for a 1930 Plymouth water pump? It's tough to trust some of the adverstisers in some of the magazines sometimes, so I'd like to get a couple recommendations if any of you know of any honest, reliable, high quality rebuilders. Thanks!

Guest jimstulga

I have a '30 Chrysler CJ and had my water pump updated to be leakless. I'm very happy with the results and seem to remember my impeller was rusted bad enough to have a hole in it, so he found a good replacement. This was in 6/09 for a total cost of $285.73 (incl. shipping) Howard Stewart / Race Pumps 222 Hillcrest Drive, High Point, NC 27262 phone: 336-476-9720. Good luck with yours. Jim

Stay away from Arthur Gould - I have personally installed two rebuilt water pumps that they had their hands on. One was a Packard from late thirties - internal gasket misalignment. No big deal to disassemble and realign. Should not have had to do that, though. That was approximately six years ago.

More recently (three months ago) was a late sixties Vette in which the rear plate had a cork seal that had no sealer - still drips when cold to this day. Both customers overpaid, in my opinion, for shoddy workmanship by these shoemakers.

I understand that the original Gould sold out to the present owners? Can anyone confirm?

• 2 weeks later...