Stromberg UX3 Carby

I am wanting to purchase a UX3 Carby I had a UX2 on my 2249 Senior (Iknow it wasn't correct but it was the closest I could find) and in the process of preparing the car ready for removal from a 20ft cargo container to her new home I had to take the carby off for cleaning You guessed it I dropped it with the worst results. I can send it over to Repo Restorations but if I am going to spend near on $2000 I would rather have the correct one I dont like my chances but here's hoping Thakyou in advance Ronicon9.gif

The Stromberg literature does not reference the model numbers.

Stromberg lists the TX-2 as being used on the Standard Six and the Victory Six. Both were superceded by the UX-2.

Stromberg lists the UX-3 as being used on the Senior Six.

The brass OX-3 I mentioned in an earlier post was used on the 1926 Chrysler.

Jon.

Indeed ,my Stromberg specifications do not give any the model numbers but do give Bore and stroke , 3 3/8 x 4 1/2 (1928 2251 engine ) for a UX-3. The 1927 2241 has a 3 1/4 X 4 1/2 engine . Both the Parts and Owners Manuals refer to the TX-2 Stromberg ,the specifications show the UX-2 not a UX-3 as an alternative.

post-47557-143139063184_thumb.jpg

Edited by gundog99 (see edit history)

Thank you Anthony for that information.There is so much conflicting information around with our old cars and its very kind of you to help out with the correct info I have been in touch with Classic Restorations and I can purchase just the main body of a UX2 from them Thankyou Carbking for your input if I have any problems I will contact you Cheers Ron

Anthony if it's just the main body section part # P-15592 that's broken that part is avaliable from Classic Restorations separate.Still pricey but I have no choice. Please keep in touch I have 2 others that may have parts that you could use.Its been that long since I have had them out. I can't remember. I think one of them is not off a DB as there is a different casting on the main body and they have the typical pot metal problem but some bits may be salvagable. Thankyou once again for all your help Cheers Ron