1932 Buick gas tank or info wanted

Guest Mark Rodgers

Guest Mark Rodgers

I need a gas tank for a 32 Buick 90 series or info on what other tank would fit. I know a 31 tank fits even though the sending unit mount is different it would still work for me. This is not for a show car.

I had to have one made or my 32 58. If your problem is the bottom rusted out, some people cut them open and put anothe tank inside and then close them up. I was fortunate to have the old tank and I used the vent and filler neck on a new stainless tank.

Bob

i do not want to put words in Bob's mouth, but what I think he meant that after searching for a replacement, the solution he found was to have one made. Sourcing a used one seems just about impossible. I saved an old side and dimensions, as well as the filler neck, so if I ever need another, I can have it made, as it seems not likely you will find a sutable replacement.

John

Guest Mark Rodgers

I have a complete restoration shop for mechanical work and metal fab work. I am building a hot rod with a barn found patina. I have a tank that I could copy but then I have to make it look well worn. I will look a little while longer before I start cuttin metal.

Thanks,

Mark

I had mine done by Renew. They will gaurantee it for as long as you own your car. It looks like it has a thick black coating on the inside and out but fits back in perfect.

They said they have one store on each coast. Takes about 3 weeks to get it done. mine had a bunch of small holes in it and they said they have fixed tanks that the whole top or bottom has been missing.

If you want the info to their shop let me know and I will dig it out of my files.

Guest Mark Rodgers

JB its 35 wide 19.5 front to back and 8.75 tall the centerline of the filler neck is about 2.5 from the edge.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...