Speedometer repair recommendation

scott12180

I have a 1920's Stewart speedometer with the rotating numbers --- not a needle.

Actually, I have parts of at least three, none of which are good, from which I am looking for someone to do a repair/restoration to give me one good unit.

Can anyone recommend a good, reliable speedometer repair shop who is knowledgeable on 1920's speedometers?

Thanks --- Scott

It's for a 1924 Franklin. I could try to post a photo. . .

But it would be great if someone had a spare. I suppose they fit many cars of the 1920's. Speed dial above, odometer to the left below that with trip-meter to the right. Drive cable comes out the bottom.

Mostly I need a cable, though, as that's missing. It appears to be about 4 feet long and driven from the rear of the transmission.

--Scott

Scott, ditto on Bob's for repair and replacement work. He will even make you up a cable with the correct ends. You will have to send him a pic of the transmission end and the length you need. You send the speedo to him and he will give you a price, if not what you want, he just sends it back to you. As I remember it was about $250 to have my speedo rebuilt and he said that it would probably be about $200 to build a cable with the sleeve and connectors. These prices were a few years ago.