Highly Collectable and Rare

1957buickjim

As I was going to my local auto parts store, I spotted a highly collectable and rare Buicury Roadmarquis in the lot. I had to get a picture of it, since they are very rarely seen on the road, let alone without a guard. :D

post-65800-143139000847_thumb.jpg

Dale, I stand corrected. I always get confused between the SUPERMARQUIS and the ROADMARQUIS..I guess I missed that counting the venti-port day in kindergarden. :)

Bernie, this is the first time I have ever seen the Roadmaster Interstate outside of a museum!! How rare is that!

Guest Rob McDonald

Saw a nice new Buick sitting at a traffic light yesterday. I called out to the owner, "Nice Buick!" and he looked at me funny. Sheesh, folks are just too uptight these days.

post-59990-143139001858_thumb.jpg

post-59990-143139051375_thumb.jpg

I agree. if it were mine it would be hunkered down a bit; maybe 16 or17" rims, too.

The guys who made those custom bumper covers did a great job. It is some of the neat stuff on: Riviera Performance

Talk about rare cars, we just went to lunch in a little town five miles away and this was sitting in front:007.jpg

My wife took a picture of the cynical old f*rt who owns it.

010.jpg

My wife asked him if driving that convertible made him feel like he was 16 again. The grumpy answer was "Well, when I was 16 I had a newer Buick, a 1950 Special sedanet 2 dr. This one, the convert, is 25 years old. The '50 was only 15." You know, I keep my old Buicks for a long time. Some people keep old Buick owners for a long time..... Madness, simply madness.

Bernie

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)

Guest Kingoftheroad

There are lots of vehicles running around here with buick port holes on the fenders, cars, pickup trucks, and SUVs.....