Rear Sway Bar End Links

Guest 89Reatta

Guest 89Reatta

Took my Reatta in for oil change and brake bleed, shop said I have a broken rear sway bar end link. I could not find a source for these with the search, but there are quite a few threads with discussion.

Is there a source for these? Thanks in advance.

Guest 89Reatta

I have researched this a little more. Found the reference to the the Replacement Sway Bar and End Links on Ronnie's excellent site with kit #98120 from Energy Suspensions.

My question now - are they the same for the front and the back? Sorry, if this is a dumb question, I am learning. Thanks for your help!:)

I did not post this earlier, as it took me a long time to find these, and I had to make sure I got a set for myself. I had even made some myself at one point.

Originally Posted by D-a-n-i-e-l

Here google this part number, *1627757. I just ordered mine from gm partsdirect. I found a few places that have them, but I would not waste time or be bothered about the price. If I had to guess I think all the places that sell them are getting them from one supplier and I do not think they will be available for long. BTW they are item 6 in the rear suspention diagrams.

Daniel

• 3 weeks later...
I did not post this earlier, as it took me a long time to find these, and I had to make sure I got a set for myself. I had even made some myself at one point.

Originally Posted by D-a-n-i-e-l

Here google this part number, *1627757. I just ordered mine from gm partsdirect. I found a few places that have them, but I would not waste time or be bothered about the price. If I had to guess I think all the places that sell them are getting them from one supplier and I do not think they will be available for long. BTW they are item 6 in the rear suspention diagrams.

Daniel

Sorry if any one already has ordered these. I just receive my order after a 21 day wait and the part is incorrect. Judging by the slow shipping I most likely will not be ordering any thing from gmpartsdirect.com again. That is unless they impress me with outstanding and hassle free return proccess and some great customer service, kind of not expecting it now.

Daniel,

I'd take this up with your credit card company, see if they will charge back the amount of the purchase. This is completely unacceptable for them to decline return entirely, especially when it is their own error. The only exception I would make is for electrical parts. SOP is for those to be non-returnable, so I could understand that. Since these are mechanical parts that were not installed there is no reason for them to be so inflexible. I would try to get the card issuer to reverse the charges, it can't hurt to try.

KDirk

Guest 89Reatta

Sorry to hear about your experience. If you do happen to discover the correct part number for these, please share it as I need one as well.

• 4 weeks later...

From what I have seen, part 1627757 is #28 on the GM07-036 diagram, which appears to be the two large bushings for bolting two points of the whole rear suspension 'support' to the chassis.

If I am right then I need a set, and I would buy them from you if you have no need. Let me know please!

Image shows where I think it goes:

post-32162-143139107389_thumb.jpg

post-32162-143139107371_thumb.jpg

post-32162-143139107377_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fox W. (see edit history)

From what I have seen, part 1627757 is #28 on the GM07-036 diagram, which appears to be the two large bushings for bolting two points of the whole rear suspension 'support' to the chassis.

If I am right then I need a set, and I would buy them from you if you have no need. Let me know please!

I pretty sure I do not need them, let me check the car and I will let you know.

Thanks. I just got a time frame update to when I need things available for the shop to re-assemble stuff, and I am short on time. I don't have much choice that if I don't hear back by late tomorrow'ish I'm going to put another order in that includes these. If you do get a chance to sell them to me though, a picture would be most appreciated so I can be sure they look about right for what I hope they are.

Thanks again.

I checked with one of the big aftermarket suppliers and they do not have a specific replacement. If we can put together the needed dimensions, maybe they will help us find something.

I am trying to attach a sketch but it is not working..........

here is what we need.......

(1) Diameter of the hole in the end of the sway bar

(2) Width or thickness of sway bar end

(3) Bolt diameter ( the part that goes thru the bushing)

(4) Inside distance between the bracket that is mounted on the strut.

With the above information we can see if anything is available ...... if you can provide any of the above, just post it.