Clutch cable

Just about the time I am wanting to sell the car the clutch cable breaks at the bell housing end.

It would appear that I have also lost the retainer for that end as well.

I have seen the cable listed from 30 to 80 dollars. (NAPA being 30) however they are saying that the OAL is 42 inches. Now mine is shorter than that of coarse but it looks like it came apart right at the ball. My cable measures 39 inches and I dont think that I lost as much as 3 inches when that end fell off.

So, They also tell me that this cable also fits other Chrysler products of the era and is listed to fit the TC. I am hoping that someone here that is familiar with these cars could tell me if this cable that NAPA is offering is the correct cable for my car. And would I go to the dealer and get a retainer from another Chrysler product?

Also it would appear that this may be a bit of a job to install the cable as I cant even see where it comes thru the firewall on the inside, I have been contemplating this project since I took the cable out and I am thinking that I must have to unplug some of that mass of wiring under there to be able to work the cable into place.

The manual is pretty straight forweard as to the procedure, however does not go into what one might have to clear out of the way to do all of this.

Any comments here would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Just about the time I am wanting to sell the car the clutch cable breaks at the bell housing end.

It would appear that I have also lost the retainer for that end as well.

I have seen the cable listed from 30 to 80 dollars. (NAPA being 30) however they are saying that the OAL is 42 inches. Now mine is shorter than that of coarse but it looks like it came apart right at the ball. My cable measures 39 inches and I dont think that I lost as much as 3 inches when that end fell off.

So, They also tell me that this cable also fits other Chrysler products of the era and is listed to fit the TC. I am hoping that someone here that is familiar with these cars could tell me if this cable that NAPA is offering is the correct cable for my car. And would I go to the dealer and get a retainer from another Chrysler product?

Also it would appear that this may be a bit of a job to install the cable as I cant even see where it comes thru the firewall on the inside, I have been contemplating this project since I took the cable out and I am thinking that I must have to unplug some of that mass of wiring under there to be able to work the cable into place.

The manual is pretty straight forweard as to the procedure, however does not go into what one might have to clear out of the way to do all of this.

Any comments here would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Good morning Captain. You apparently have a TC with the 16 valve engine and the Getrag transaxle.

That setup uses a considerably shorter cable than any 2.2L with the 8 valve engine and Chrysler's transaxle.

I recently moved out of my Chrysler ONLY shop in CA and am in the process of setting up my parts bins in my garage at home. All parts are in storage, but I do believe that I have the cable and the retainer you lost.

If you find that you cannot locate the proper cable elsewhere, let me know. It could be some time before I get everything sorted out, being 72 and working in over 100 degrees temperature here in AZ.

You might also check with Larry Carlson at Chrysler TC by Maserati Parts