help identifying a car

Guest mijoey

Guest mijoey

Thanks, I have researched Russian, English, Indian, French and other countries and come up with nothing.

The bumper is really funky as are the lights. Figured I would see if any of you guys knew what it might be.

Guest fordy

It looks a little like a mid '60s Vauxhall. My neighbor in Adelaide had one when I was a kid. I think it had the designation PB series but so so long ago that I cant be sure.

Steve

'23 &'24 Hupp

'39 Ford

'50 Ford pickup

'46 Buick

'66 Holden

Guest Al Brass

Sorry, it's not a PB Vauxhall (English GM). The leading edge of the hood has a dip in it on the car shown, the PB didn't.

Al

Guest fordy

Yes its not the Vauxhall I was thinking of. Similar at a glance but I think it may have a GM connection - Opel Rekord maybe?

The leading edge of the hood is similar to Aussie GM of the period as are the angular lines.

I could be just adding to the confusion but AMC Rambler also had that overall "look" during the early to mid '60s.

Steve

Not from that shot. It is either a fibreglas body or a heavily modified stock body. Impossible to tell which without looking at it or at least more pictures. Did you look at it? Is it made of steel or plastic? Does it look factory made or crude, home made? Have you gone over it and looked for an ID plate or other identification? Don't forget to look under the hood, on the firewall and inner fenders, on the door jambs.

While you are at it take some more pictures, profile, rear shot, instrument panel, windshield and back window, etc.

Guest mijoey
Not from that shot. It is either a fibreglas body or a heavily modified stock body. Impossible to tell which without looking at it or at least more pictures. Did you look at it? Is it made of steel or plastic? Does it look factory made or crude, home made? Have you gone over it and looked for an ID plate or other identification? Don't forget to look under the hood, on the firewall and inner fenders, on the door jambs.

While you are at it take some more pictures, profile, rear shot, instrument panel, windshield and back window, etc.

I thank you all for the help. Unfortunatley I only have the one pic from another guy looking for help. He did give a phone # so I will call him and see if he has access to the car.

I have a lot of people stumped on this.

Guest mijoey

Some documentation with the car came up with a name of American Jet Corp in New York.

This tibit came up on a search from Google Books

AVANTI ISN'T the only car with a fiber glass body due to appear this year. American Jet Corp., New York, is apparently making a second attempt to get its two seater sports car on the road