Pinto Stampede 2012

To my knowledge there are no Pintos nor Vegas around here anymore. I have seen a couple of Vega drag cars at a Lynchburg VA cruise night. Gremlins? Non-existent in these parts.

I've managed to get Thursday off. I have to go out to the house in the country to cut grass that day, and I intend to be somewhere close to US 58 around 1 PM to see the Stampede headed east.

They'll eat good at Ernie's. I had to take my Mama and Grandma there for Mother's Day lunch for years. They loved it. I'm also told there is a convenience store about a mile up the road from Ernie's that has a NON-ETHANOL gas pump.

Well, as was kinda expected, I did not get my Thursday off so did not see the Stampede go by. This morning's G-V website doesn't mention the Stampede so not sure if I'll be able to share anything about it.

There are times when making a living gets in the way of having a life.

Cool! Didn't know there were so many followers.

My first pinto was a 1971 which I used to make a 4x4 Pinto on a Bronco chassis. Then I had a 73 wagon that I ran through the fields then used as parts. Then I had a 77 that went on to go 180k mi on the original drivetrain.