...and your Reatta is...

Bushwack

I'm curious if anyone has a black Reatta and if so, do you have any issues with the paint (besides swirls or scratches)? Specifically, blistering, peeling or fading (taking into account the age of the car).

In my experience, I've seen that black is probably one of the most durable colors. I have seen some things on higher milage cars such as "crows feet", but that's about it. Most of the black Reattas I've seen with original paint are quite nice.

Guest steveskyhawk

The upper panels on my black 89 were checking and beyond being buffed out. I had it soda blasted and painted. No problems now.

post-53748-143138959107_thumb.jpg

The clear coating going bad is not specific to black but all colors. The blues though seem to hold up the best.

Several years ago I flew to Orlando, bought a Florida Reatta convertible with very nice paint and clear and drove it to Naples. The next day two of us went to Miami and on the way back the cap came off the front tire and blew the fender right off the car. Less than 24 hours of owning the car. At the time Larry Keie was selling parts out of Vero Beach so I drove up to his home and put on a black Florida fender. The clear on that fender was very bad but at least I had a black fender on the car for the trip back to MN.

Guest Richard D

The clear coat on the horizontal surfaces was begining to crack, had a ureathane paint job done at an independant shop about three years ago for $740.00 including minor dent repairs with 4 year warranty. Still holding up very well. The biggest problem is here in Miami it needs a wax once a month, even those that say once a year car polish. Better than salt and snow.

ps. My light yellow (cream?) 71 Skylark is original paint but has always been garaged. Few touch ups on door edges

Edited by Richard D (see edit history)