Found a 64 Riviera for sale on craigslist

Guest unbeleve

Guest unbeleve

This car has two broken push rods, a broken lifter, and a broken rocker which I have replacements for. How much would it cost if it needs a new cam, and what else may need to be replaced? Am I still looking at 3000 to get it running?

What do you want it to be when "done"? A show car, a nice driver, ??? What else does it need besides finish the body work and paint? What condition is the interior? Does it have the options you want? What parts are missing? How much can you afford to spend to make it what you want, and how much can you do yourself? You need to sort thru all this and decide if it's right for you.

From what I see in the pictures, plus your comments on the minimum it needs to get it running, you have a lot of reasons to bargain a much lower price.

John

This car has two broken push rods, a broken lifter, and a broken rocker which I have replacements for. How much would it cost if it needs a new cam, and what else may need to be replaced? Am I still looking at 3000 to get it running?

I assume you know this because the seller told you? It is not wise to go on a sellers assesment unless you know them personally. You must assume a total rebuild will be needed and then if its anything less you are ahead based on what you budgeted. The engine has to be torn down in order to get any facts on what it needs.

With the little amount of information provided so far, I view this as a $500-$700 car.

What do you guys think?

I think the Craigslist ad this seller put together is poor at best. If you are truly interested in this car, I would not be too eager to rush into anything as you are probably the only person interested in this car based on the ad. Wait a while and make a a ridiculous offer. You never know, it just may be accepted. My $0.02 for what it's worth...